Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi room app and HW K950 soundbars

(Topic created on: 25-01-2020 03:40 PM)
Adeone
Apprentice
Options

I have two of these soundbars which require the multi room app to set up. I recently changed my router and this lost all connection to the app. Quite simply the app won't allow me to connect to the network. It finds the speakers but can't connect. I have tried everything and even tried android and iOS versions of the app. If I do the add speaker set up it finds the speakers,requests password ,fails to connect. If you then try to connect using Samsung network you cannot get passed the first screen. Driving me nuts! I might add from reading the net others have the same issue . Any suggestions gratefully received.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Adeone 

Which model of phone are you using and is the software up to date? Also, could you check that there are no updates available for the Multiroom app?

0 Likes
Adeone
Apprentice
Options

I am using an iPad,fully updated. The Multiroom app is up to date. That is not hard,it has not been updated by Samsung for about a year. The focus is on SmartThings. Smartthings does not recognise these soundbars. They were top of the range,about three years old...and,it seems if you change your router,no longer fully functional. I have been a loyal Samsung customer for years but find this beyond disappointing. I assure you,if you delve the net,mine is a common issue.

Maza29
Apprentice
Options
I too am unable to use my R1s and R5 to connect to Deezer. Not sure how to post this complaint. did you manage to fix your problem?
Deezer say to email multiroom@samsung.com to complain
0 Likes
bechemeko
First Poster
Options

I'm also having the same issue. Called Samsung product support and after going through some rudimentary troubleshooting (including pressing volume up + volume down buttons at the same time to initialize the sound bar several times), they were unable to get the connection working. They created a repair ticket for me and told me there will be a cost since the product is out of warranty. Like you, I've been a long time Samsung customer but recent experiences with this soundbar and other Samsung products are causing me to look to other brands, LG perhaps?

0 Likes
Maza29
Apprentice
Options

Since posting in May last year I left Deezer. Now with Spotify and all ok for now

0 Likes
Adeone
Apprentice
Options

I ended up changing both soundbars to a 950t and a 950a. I thought long and hard at alternatives but if you want a soundbar that does genuine sound surround choices are limited. Yes,LG do one and it’s good. But,honestly,it’s not as good. The new soundbars have issues,SmartThings often refuses to accept they are online,you lose sound intermittently when playing through Xbox,but they sound awesome. Needless to say Samsung support for these issues is useless,their customer support is simply appalling.

0 Likes