Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HWS60B Soundbar

(Topic created on: 27-01-2024 10:27 AM)
TJP3
First Poster
Options

I have tried multiple times on "My Page" to register this product. The serial number I enter  is always rejected as incorrect.  I have even taken a photograph of the serial number on the product itself. Why is this happening? Why does Samsung make it so difficult to use a simple procedure like register a product? 

If anyone else has had this problem and found a solution to it, please let me know.

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
AllanAarestrup
First Poster
Options

I just registered my hw-s60b so no, didn't have that problem. 

However, the firmware is stuck on version 1001 and will not upgrade to the  1010 version. I would like to ask you if you are able to perform firmware upgrade, and what is the current version on the soundbar?

0 Likes
TJP3
First Poster
Options

According to the Smart Things app, the Firmware version on my HW S60B is 1011.0 and no further updates are available at the moment. I don't think the Firmware version affects registration of the product which is supposed to be processed online in your Samsung account.

0 Likes
AllanAarestrup
First Poster
Options
Thanks for checking the firmware level and sorry for high jacking your tread here...
I was just curiously about the firmware version because I cant upgrade my own HW-S60B

I unregistered my unit just now and was able to register it again in the Member Area- just checking this for you :smiling-face:
0 Likes
TJP3
First Poster
Options

Can you give me a link please to the page where you've been able to register your Soundbar?

0 Likes
AllanAarestrup
First Poster
Options

deleted

0 Likes
AllanAarestrup
First Poster
Options

I did it from my Samsung phone in the "Samsung Memebers" App 

0 Likes
TJP3
First Poster
Options

Thanks. That won't work for me. I don't have a Samsung phone.

0 Likes
AllanAarestrup
First Poster
Options

If i go the WEB way around it works too:  https://www.samsung.com/uk/mypage/myproducts/

I had to log on to Samsung (I am using my gmail account for that)

0 Likes
AllanAarestrup
First Poster
Options

Since your soundbar got the 1011 version (Over The Air, i figure) , can I ask you what country you'r in?

0 Likes