Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HWQ70r sound bar not turning on with TV 65q90r

(Topic created on: 30-06-2020 06:33 AM)
Jay81
First Poster
Options

I have a 65q90r TV and was using a old K450ZN Soundbar via HDMI ARC and everything was working fine. Got a new Q70R  sound bar yesterday with 8500s rear speakers. Everything is set up with firmware updated. Connection is via HDMI ARC with 2.1cable. Anynet-CEC is on. The Soundbar switches off when TV is switched off. But when the TV is switched on again Soundbar would not turn on automatically and TV defaults to TV Speakers. Checked with Samsung Tech support and they tell me that I have to manually turn on the Soundbar every time. This means the Universal remote is of no use and every time I have to scramble for the Soundbar Remote or move to Sound bar in TV apps and switch it on. This is really frustrating.  Is it supposed to be like this or is there a way around?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Jay81
First Poster
Options
Further, I know that using optical toslink cable may solve this. But then I lose out on Sound modes and equaliser settings. I have connected WiFi also to Soundbar, but TV is not connected to WiFi. Have streamed Amazon Music streaming via WIFi and the sound quality is better and volume is higher than using Tv as a source.
0 Likes
Jay81
First Poster
Options

Its working fine now. I deleted WIFi connection from TV and used LAN cable. Working like a charm now!

0 Likes