Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW650 and SWA 9000. Rear speakers too loud.

(Topic created on: 06-11-2022 10:40 AM)
dersusco
First Poster
Options

Most people seem to complain about the rear speakers being too quiet but I am finding them too loud even at -6. 

I find them slightly overpowering the hw650 soundbar and it's especially noticeable in games.  I have them set at the sides of the couch on stands, which seems to be a common setup. The soundbar is literally only 5 feet away from me and I still find the rears slightly too loud. 

I thought adjusting the equiliser on the app would help but it's catered towards music so it adjusts the right and left channels but the centre channel stays quiet... Not a solution. 

Is there anything I can do to get a better balanced sound? I wish the volume on the rears would go just a bit lower.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
apallaria
Pioneer
Options

you managed to connect the kit swa-9000s to the HW N650 soundbar? they give them all for non-compatible

0 Likes
Dr1nkmeister
Student
Options

I had the same issue , the drc was set on by default, it made the rear speaker loud, put drc off seems better, turn off sound bar and hold sound mode button till it says drc off

dersusco
First Poster
Options

@Dr1nkmeister wrote:

I had the same issue , the drc was set on by default, it made the rear speaker loud, put drc off seems better, turn off sound bar and hold sound mode button till it says drc off

Thanks. This seems to have balanced out the sound. Bizarre it's set to on by default. 

Do you use the soundbar itself in standard mode or surround?

0 Likes
Dr1nkmeister
Student
Options

always in surround even in gaming

JustLetMeLOGIN
First Poster
Options

Thank god. This has been driving me insane. Fixing this tonight. As a reward, you may be interested in these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00IARV752/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They work well

🐵

0 Likes
Raisedfist338
Apprentice
Options
Have the n650 and 8500s, been trying to figure out how to turn off DRC for ages, doesn't state in manual DRC is on by default and that the system has to be in standby to turn on/off. Much better now turned DRC off. Cheers.
dersusco
First Poster
Options

I actually bought one of those mounting brackets exactly like that but I have been too timid to put in so the HW650 sits above my Panasonic FZ OLED. It doesn't seem like it would be able to support such a heavy soundbar. Have you had success mounting it above a TV?

0 Likes
JustLetMeLOGIN
First Poster
Options

Ah, no. I've hung mine underneath. I can see what you mean: it doesn't feel quite sturdy enough to hang it above :thinking-face:

0 Likes
Antonio Cardelli1
First Poster
Options

I probably have the same exact problem on my q950a but pressing sound mode button while the soundbar turned off doesn't do anything. Do anyone knows if there is another way ? Ty in advance

0 Likes