Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-T550 static noise

(Topic created on: 31-12-2020 09:13 AM)
wikkiam
First Poster
Options

Hey all I'm wondering if this is a hardware issue particular to my soundbar or is it a common problem. I'm getting static noise when the volume is particularly low (1-7ish) I don't seem to get this static noise in a higher volume like 10+ (or maybe I just can't hear it). Wondering if this is a known issue or should I exchange it for a new one.

21 REPLIES 21
Legionwearemany
Apprentice
Options

Hi

I have exactly same issue with HW T450 wireless subwoofer. It’s been replaced once and still has same issue. Samsung repair centre investigating. You are not alone. Same issue raised in many threads and forums. Very keen to solve this - will update when further information available 

0 Likes
sinansengun
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I had the same issue with T450. I suppose T450 and T550 have the same subwoofer model (PS-WT45T). Replacing for a new one or firmware update did not work so I requested a refund and the refund was made.

0 Likes
itcz
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I have the same HW-T450 static noise problem which Samsung are just trying to sort out. It seems to have been a problem also on the HW-Q60T but a firmware update has reportedly cured the issue. The HW-Q60T is more expensive but hopefully Samsung will get round to producing a firmware update for our cheaper HW-T450. They must be half way there already!!

0 Likes
Rajvernekar
Journeyman
Options

Was this issue fixes with software updates? I've the HW-B67E 2022 model with same issue and still in return period. Please suggest.

0 Likes
sinansengun
Journeyman
Options

Unfortunately no. This issue was not fix any software update.

itcz
Apprentice
Options

Just to bring this topic up to date. I have loaded the latest firmware but the static noise, particularly at low sound volumes, is still very noticeable. I'm not sure that Samsung is actively working to cure the problem.

Rajvernekar
Journeyman
Options

For me after the latest update released on 22nd Aug 2022 on HW-B67E, the static turns off if the scene is silent and there is not much input to the subwoofer, it takes 1-2 seconds though

0 Likes
SANTANU DAS
Apprentice
Options

Hello sir i have a question. Recently I have ordered a Samsung Sound bar (Model No- HW-B67E/XL) from flipkart.When Samsung Service centre called me for installation they wanted to know the Model Number from me. So that I shared each and every thing. After all these they told me that the model I have ordered is not good as they have seen that the same model from other customers is stopped working aftera few Days. They told me The Model is HW-A67E is much better model in all aspects. So I did not install the product yet, so sir kindly honestly tell me hows the model?You have been using it for a long time, kindly tell me your experience.

one more thing you mention previously one kind of abnormal noice .is it gone after letest update?

kindly reply..

0 Likes
Legionwearemany
Apprentice
Options

Hi

Sadly no fix or interest from Samsung at all. I believe it could be the amplifier with in the sub creating a crackle when low signal from sound bar ie, during quiet conversation in film/tv program. Action movie or Metallica sounds great though. Would never purchase a Samsung product again due to their lack of interest in the function of their product.

0 Likes