Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-S60T volume too low and inconsistent

(Topic created on: 12-12-2020 09:47 AM)
TripleEss
Apprentice
Options

I'vejust bought a hw-s60t soundbar along with a Q60T tv and connected Sky Q via ARC to both (Sky Q to TV, TV to Soundbar with HDMI, correct inputs used), however the volume from the soundbar is very low and is inconsistent. Sometimes having the soundbar volume at 18 - 22 volume the sound is an audible level, however sometimes I have to raise to 40 - 50 and even max it out at 100 to hear. Apart from this being annoying in that I have to constantly change volume, if Alexa comes through the soundbar, it is at the level the soundbar is set and is much louder than what is coming through from the TV or SKY Q.
This is an issue whether using SKy Q or Amazon Prime from the TV so isn't just a SKY Q issue.I've tried all the setting on the soundbar, tv and SkyQ to try to get to the root of the problem but nothing makes much difference to the level of sound being output. I've also put new HDMI cables to all connections, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

34 REPLIES 34
Bluefusion
Explorer
Options

no real help from Samsung - so I’ve arranged to return mine for a full refund, dropping it off at the post office tomorrow - Shame.

Bluefusion
Explorer
Options

I’ve tried everything and Samsung’s CS has been no real help at all, so you are left with two options:

1. return it as the item is not working as advertised;

2. Wait and hope Samsung can resolve this with a future firmware/software update.

I returned mine today. Good luck.

0 Likes
VeryN
First Poster
Options

This is also my problem on HW-800T, the volume was set on 20 and its nice and loud but after using Alexa, the sound is very quiet at 20 and need to turn it up to over 50

0 Likes
Lakritskatt
Explorer
Options

Alexa is not fit for purpose on Samsung soundbars. I returned mine and got a Sonos Beam, it has perfectly working Alexa and better sound too.

0 Likes
Wvboxtel
Apprentice
Options

Same volume issue with the hw-q950t. It seems like it that it has something to do with using Alexa.

Ik heb sinds vorig jaar december de hw-q950t en ook dit model heeft (oa) hetzelfde volume probleem. Het lijkt iets te maken te hebben met Alexa. Ik heb al een andere issue lopen bij de Samsung service kan deze er ook wel meteen bijzetten. Ben benieuwd welke problemen ik nog meer ga krijgen.

Voor wie interesse heeft in mijn andere issue: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/televisie/geen-beeld-wel-geluid-tv-55q90r-soundbar-q950t/m-p/244...

0 Likes
HeadDaBaw
First Poster
Options

Hi

Has anyone tried turning Alexa off on the Device and see if the issues with random sound issues disappear. 

I just bought this soundbar and it has started this issue after 2nd day. Wish I found this thread before I bought one. 

Today Tv was off and I asked Aelxa a question and the sound was that loud I nearly messed myself. The wife was watching TV earlier and had to turn volume up to over 50, she is not very tech savy.

I have noticed that when you ask Alexa anything the sound reduces on the soundbar to about 1/2 sound when alexa is active. The issues with the sound is similar to this and hence you have to turn it up during issues. 

I know turning Alexa off is not great and TBH is one reason I bought this model but I am just wondering if it is turned off I can be used for its primary job as a soundbar

0 Likes
247Lee
Journeyman
Options

Hi, that’s what I have done now and the problem has gone. I have disabled Alexa and the soundbar works fine. Like you say it isn’t the perfect option but it has solved this issue. 

0 Likes
HeadDaBaw
First Poster
Options
ok thanks. I have turned it off, just need to wait for a fix now!!
0 Likes
TonyMus
First Poster
Options

I had an almost identical problem and after many attempts to fix it, almost gave up. I then started to think about the Sat Nav Volume in the car and how to increase or decrease it when the Radio is playing without upsetting the Radio Volume. The trick is to turn up the volume when the Sat Nav is speaking.

With the Samsung TV on a channel at normal Volume, I asked Alexa to play a Radio Station, which she did at full Volume. I then took the Soundbar remote and turned the Volume down and Alexa's volume decreased without affecting the Volume of the TV. After doing this, the Normal TV Remote does not affect Alexa's Volume, and the Soundbar Remote does not affect the TV Come.

I hope this fix works for you.

0 Likes
Rock1
First Poster
Options

Did you turn down the volume when alexa was speaking or when the radio started playing .i just got one of these with same problem .thanks .

0 Likes