Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-S60T Soundbar keeps cutting out while playing music

(Topic created on: 11-02-2021 07:09 AM)
Bluefusion
Explorer
Options

We have numerous Alexa's around out property, all of these steam music from Alexa via Amazons Music service without issues, however, if I ask Alexa on the HW-S60T soundbar to stream music it keeps cutting out for a split second every few minutes which makes the streaming music useless. As mentioned all other Alexa's are fine, so why is it not able to do it without issues through the soundbar?

24 REPLIES 24
StephaneTo
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem with my Q800T. Random cuts only with alexa Amazon Music via wifi. No problem on Bluetooth, hdmi or hdmi Arc. We need a firmware update plz

Lakritskatt
Explorer
Options

This must be a known issue. Why isn't anyone from Samsung responding to say whether they are going to fix it or not. I returned my Samsung soundbar and got a Sonos instead. So much better. Trust totally broken Samsung.

SvenBrencher
Student
Options

Same with my HW-Q800T Soundbar. It is really annoying that Amazon Music songs are always stopping for a split second – oftentimes 2-3 times per title. It doesn’t happen with any other device in the same WIFI Network. I would really appreciate a firmware update. 

Chris17
Apprentice
Options

Same issue here. It’s very frustrating. Has anyone had a response from Samsung as yet?

Chris17
Apprentice
Options

Hi i've had my soundbar updated the the latest firmware 1019.5 - but still having the same issues... is anyone else still having issues or managed to find a resolution?

0 Likes
Members_BXmBleF
First Poster
Options

I also have this problem, seems to occur more on BBC Radio, updated with the latest firmware but still there. Must admit its pretty rubbish given the cost of the sound bar. @Samsung please sort this out.

0 Likes
Members_84dXhZ0
First Poster
Options

Same problem here with my Q800T. I've even had a Samsung engineer out to have a look at it who confirmed this is most likely an issue with the firmware. 

Looks like Samsung have really messed up their Alexa integration on their soundbars:

• Sound drop-outs
  • Alexa wake-word far too sensitive, getting triggering all the time
  • No ability to add to an Alexa Speaker Group
  • No ability to make calls to the sounbar

Unless Samsung fixes these issues, it looks like I will either have to return the soundbar or else start using my old Echo Dot again (neither of which is a great option).

0 Likes
MartinC64
Student
Options

I have the same issues with my Q050T:

• Sound drop-outs
  • Alexa wake-word far too sensitive, getting triggering all the time (I have the microphone almost permanently on mute)
  • No ability to add to an Alexa Speaker Group
  • No ability to make calls/drop in to the soundbar
0 Likes
Jon947
First Poster
Options

Hello

Having the same issue on a S60a Soundbar, firmware 1009.2.

I’ve tried resetting the soundbar, disabling/re-enabling wifi, pulling the power cord out and in, and splitting my router into 2.4 and 5ghz signals. No joy. 

Did anyone find a solution?

0 Likes
gerball
Apprentice
Options

My solution was to return the sound bar and move on. Samsung haven’t done anything about it for a year so they’re unlikely to ever do anything.

0 Likes