Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-S60T Soundbar keeps cutting out while playing music

(Topic created on: 02-12-2020 02:33 PM)
Bluefusion
Explorer
Options

We have numerous Alexa's around out property, all of these steam music from Alexa via Amazons Music service without issues, however, if I ask Alexa on the HW-S60T soundbar to stream music it keeps cutting out for a split second every few minutes which makes the streaming music useless. As mentioned all other Alexa's are fine, so why is it not able to do it without issues through the soundbar?

24 REPLIES 24
Lakritskatt
Explorer
Options

Yes, I am having exactly the same issue, all my other devices are perfectly fine but soundbar keeps cutting out when streaming via Alexa. The Alexa implementation seems totally broken as the mic is also way to sensitive so activates when playing sound from TV or streaming. Samsung please sort this out as it's really unacceptable not to be able to use Alexa on what is a pretty expensive piece of kit.

gerball
Apprentice
Options

I get the same thing, a brand new S60T soundbar and Amazon Music via Alexa cuts out for a brief moment every few minutes. Maddening - sadly will have to return the soundbar.

Edit - I should mention the Wi-fi network is fine and this doesn’t happen with Echo devices we have.

Lakritskatt
Explorer
Options

Yeah, it's ridicolous they really need to fix it with a firmware update or stop claiming that they have Alexa voica assistant as it really doesn't work.

k-j
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same issue as described - please Samsung reply and say what will be done to fix this issue.

Gordon0
First Poster
Options

I too am having exactly the same problem. Really annoying for what is a great piece of kit. Shame no one from Samsung has deemed it important enough to even respond. 

Members_NfSfTgC
Explorer
Options

Same issue on my new q800t

Lakritskatt
Explorer
Options

Yeah, they must know about it. I work in Product Management and this looks like a typical example of bringin a feature to market even though it clearly wasn't ready. I am returning my Soundbar and buying a Sonos instead. Real shame as really love how it looks and I prefered to have Samsung TV and Samsung Soundbar. Plus always had Samsung phones so this has been big dissapointment. 

0 Likes
petegater
Explorer
Options
Same here, Alexa integration is useless, it cuts out for a split second and it's hyper sensitive, it wakes to all sorts of random words whilst I'm watching stuff. It needs a firmware update, but they seem to have rushed it out then done nothing else with it as it hasn't had any updates since I bought it. Samsung are getting very lazy with their products, particularly in the UK
0 Likes
Lakritskatt
Explorer
Options

I solved it by returning my Samsung soundbar and getting a Sonos beam instead. So much better and their Alexa implementation is on point. Samsung are being awful ignoring customers about this. 

0 Likes