Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-Q950T Soundbar Can’t Change WiFi Network

(Topic created on: 04-10-2020 03:58 PM)
Shaunf
Journeyman
Options

I've just setup my new HW-Q950T soundbar and the WiFi signal is weak.

Can anyone tell me how to change the WiFi network settings for the soundbar so I can try a different network?

18 REPLIES 18
AsadM
Options

Hi @Shaunf 

Hope you're doing well. To connect a Soundbar to a mobile device via a wireless network (Wi-Fi), the SmartThings app is required.
Try going through the following steps:
1. Install and launch the SmartThings app from your mobile device (smartphone or tablet).
2. On the app, follow the screen instructions to add the Soundbar.
• The automatic pop-up (the second screenshot below) may not show on some devices.
If the pop-up window does not appear, press “ ” on the Home screen. The Soundbar is added
to the app.

Shaunf
Journeyman
Options

Hi @AsadM ,

Thank you for your reply.

I had already managed to setup the WiFi network using the SmartThings App. The problem I’m facing however is that this WiFi network is rather unreliable in this part of my house and I can’t work out how to change the WiFi settings such that the soundbar picks up a different WiFi network.

Harbinger
First Poster
Options

Having the same issue here. Can't seem to change network to a better one i have in the house. 

Mic25
Student
Options

Having the same problem, can‘t change the network. The devices the SmartThings app is on are on a different (more reliable network)

NotSoWise
Apprentice
Options

It is silly @Shaunf, @Harbinger, @Mic25, but actually simple. Delete the device from your smartTthings app and then scan nearby for device to connect again from SmartThings app to your device. It may ask you to change owner to yourself again in some cases with the volume -button, but should take you just  a couple of minutes to connect to new wifi SSID.

Fox_56
Apprentice
Options

I have tried this and it just reconnects to the same wifi ssid that it was on before 

Fox_56
Apprentice
Options

With no option to select another or reconfigure. Cannot choose another ssid/wifi network

Shaunf
Journeyman
Options

In the end I returned these speakers for a refund. The soundbar itself was okay, but the sub and surround speakers that came with it were extremely disappointing. Also, the SmartThings App leaves a lot to be desired. The system I have now was significantly more expensive but well worth it.

PS. As I was packing the soundbar to return it I think I remember seeing a reset button. So maybe changing the SSID requires a factory reset followed by a complete re-configuration. I didn’t try it though because by then I’d already decided I wasn’t keeping the speakers.

NotSoWise
Apprentice
Options

Please ensure that your own device (phone/tablet) is connected to the new SSID you want to connect, I specifically connected to a new SSID. 

0 Likes