Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-Q950T multichannel LPCM support not present

(Topic created on: 22-01-2021 12:09 PM)
danisan
Journeyman
Options

Hello everybody,

It seems like there is no full support for 5.1 or 7.1 LPCM audio on ports HDM1 and HDM2 on the HW-Q950T sound bar. Some people report that multichannel PCM is also not working fine via eARC, but I couldn't try this myself.

For sure, it looks like the EDID reported by the soundbar is only stereo 2.0 for PCM sources.

Is it possible to fix this and add multichannel PCM support to the HW-Q950T? HW-Q90R is perfectly compatible with multichannel PCM.

13 REPLIES 13
Yushiro
Explorer
Options

Of course they can, but they just don't want to or the people responsable for sending that information to the enigneers just don't give a f....

0 Likes
Yushiro
Explorer
Options

I can tell you that eARC hasn't got LPCM support neither, right now doesn't work on any hdmi or eARC, waiting for a update, still can't beleive this is really happening, i could live with the speakers sincronization problems but LPCM is a must have right now in a top bar.

Juanjosedag
Student
Options

Yeah the HW-Q950T is the only bar at its price point without support for multi channel LPCM.

Buyers beware, if you have a:

• Nintendo Switch (LPCM only)
  • PS5 (LPCM has better quality over DD or DTS)
  • PC with Atmos (Atmos works over LPCM)
  • Xbox Series X
  • Apple TV 4K (Atmos works over LPCM)

This bar will NOT give you the best audio quality your device support.

For some of these devices, like the Nintendo Switch, it will downgrade the signal to 2 channels for your 9.1 sound bar. Quite a problem, right?

escapers
Pioneer
Options

Hi,

Dolby Atmos from Apple TV 4K not works with this soundbar (Q950T)?

0 Likes