Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-Q950T and Apple TV

(Topic created on: 25-11-2020 10:57 AM)
Lovende
First Poster
Options

Hi. I've just bought the Q950T and will use it on a 5 year old Samsung UE65JU7005 tv. I will mainly use it with Apple TV 4K, so therefore I set the soundbar up via the Apple TV.  I searched the web and found that I should connect the Apple tv to HDMI 1 (or 2) on the soundbar and then the HDMI (ARC) from the soundbar to the HDMI (Arc) on the Samsung One Connect box. I should then set the tv  to the HDMI (Arc) input and the soundbar to the applicable HDMI 1 or 2. But I'm not getting any picture or sound at all. When setting the soundbar to HDMI 1 it stays there for 2 seconds and then reverts to HDMI (ARC). 

What am I doing wrong? Is there anything I need to change on the TV sound setup? 

And in the end if all this doesn't work, does it really matter if I instead connect the Apple TV directly to the tv? My Apple TV lets me choose Dolby 5.1 when I connect directly to the tv. Do I then actually get Dolby 5.1 from the soundbar? How can I confirm that?

Will a connection via the Apple TV give me Dolby 7.1 or Atmos if I connect via the Soundbar?

Many questions from a sound novice. 

Thanks for any replies. 

A

0 REPLIES 0