Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-Q950T Alexa keeps loading while signing in.

(Topic created on: 18-05-2021 04:21 PM)
ThirstyThursten
First Poster
Options

Hey guys,

I have a Samsung HW-Q950T and I have it connected to the SmartThings app and Wifi and such.

However if I try to connect it to Alexa in the Smart Things App it starts loading and never does anything..

Screenshot_20210505-211049.jpg

 Just like the Screenshot shows.. The only thing I can think of is to somehow intercept my network traffic and see where it get's stuck.. If only I could do these steps in a normal browser..

Any ideas? I also have a PiHole in my network, which might block something, but since I don't know where the login goes to I can't confirm if it get's blocked..

Please let me know if you have any ideas or if there's something super simple or stupid I overlooked.. 

Also what are the steps to add the bar to the Alexa app?

Hope to hear something soon!

Greets,

Thirsty

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
ThirstyThursten
First Poster
Options

Anybody? Please? Samsung Support?..

0 Likes
StephK1
Options

Hey @ThirstyThursten! Sorry to hear about the trouble you're having setting up Alexa on your soundbar. Is the screenshot you included from before you have entered your Amazon account details or after? If after, is your Amazon account a UK account that you can successfully log into elsewhere? 

0 Likes
ThirstyThursten
First Poster
Options

Hi @StephK1

It is beforehand! I never get prompted to insert any information.

I have several Alexa devices in my house, including an Echo and Dot and they work perfectly, the Alexa app on my phone even recognizes and finds the soundbar..

Hope you can help me!

Greets,

Thursten

0 Likes
Bjk1903
First Poster
Options

Hi, I have the same issue. Did you find the solution? I tried everything I can think. Resetting the router resetting the sound bar nothing worked. Is anyone can help I really appreciate it. 

0 Likes
ThirstyThursten
First Poster
Options

Hey man,

No sadly no solution yet I've put up my Alexa Echo again because I was sick of waiting..

I hope someone here has a solution or that some of the Samsung staff or whatever sees this and knows what to do.. 

Because right now it kinda starts to feel as false advertising (even though I'm sure it's in there, but if it doesn't work and no one can fix it.. than yeah..) 

0 Likes
Bjk1903
First Poster
Options

Hey,

I found the solution it worked for me I hope it works for you too. I was going crazy the last couple of days. I even had returned request. Okay, so the fix is you need to connect your soundbar to another network other than your home WIFI. The steps I followed is to reset the soundbar pressing the volume down and up until I see INT on screen then I used my wife's mobile hotspot to connect to soundbars on the smarttings app. I was able to pass the sign-in loading and sign amazon Alexa and access to Alexa. I tried a couple of comments and It worked. Then I turned off the hotspot and delete the soundbar from smarttings app and re-added using my home network and the Alexa was still working. Good luck

0 Likes
ThirstyThursten
First Poster
Options

Ooohh!! Interesting! Thanks for Sharing! Deffo gonna try that tomorrow! 😇

So you put your wife's phone into a wifi hotspot, than connected your phone with the smartthings app to that as well? Than configured the bar to connect to that hotspot and than connected alexa? 

0 Likes
Bjk1903
First Poster
Options

Yes, that's what I did. The phone you are using to connect to the soundbar stays with your home wifi network then when the app asks you for the soundbar wifi connection you select the mobile hotspot.

0 Likes