Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-Q90R Soundbars Low subwoofer with 1012.6 Firmware

(Topic created on: 20-06-2022 01:13 PM)
next6000
Explorer
Options

Hi Guys,
the bass on the subwoofer has significantly dialed down when playing any content, from stereo to 5.1 to atmos, you don't feel the typical home theatre effect. I also did soundbar sound test and subwoofer is really low, are you experiencing the same issue? (sub level is on +6) I specify that I don't like to have subwoofer too loud, but in my case is extremely too low.

thank you

59 REPLIES 59
pepsinio12
Student
Options

Forget about samsung.  This is dead end. 

0 Likes
Nayin
Journeyman
Options

Too bad, since the last update the system sounds great but the woofer is dead, incredible that Samsung does not do anything in a year.

0 Likes
pepsinio12
Student
Options

They are not gonna fix it. I gave up on this soundbar and samsung altogether.  If they screw up their customers like this i don't want to be part of their user base. 

scanarch
Apprentice
Options

Hey, have they ever got back to you?

0 Likes
CvA1
Apprentice
Options

Hello first poster,

no answer up to today, i wait for the repair of the firmware si we get the sub back for which we bought this systeem of €1500,—

0 Likes
scanarch
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for replying - did you try sending the sub in for repairs?

0 Likes
CvA1
Apprentice
Options

Hello Scanarch,

no, not sent sub for repair because it isn’ t the sub but the firmware which downgrade the sub to a lower sub volume.

regards

cva1

audiogene
First Poster
Options

Cheers,

Is there anyone who has firmware 1012.6 installed and is happy with the Q90R's sub-bass response?

Why can Samsung play deaf for so long and simply not respond to hundreds of customer complaints?

I am a journalist for a large German media magazine and am planning a publication about the lack of after-sales marketing at brown goods manufacturers.

Best,

-audiogene

0 Likes
mauromol
Pioneer
Options

>Is there anyone who has firmware 1012.6 installed and is happy with the Q90R's sub-bass response?

My soundbar has never had any problem with the subwoofer after updating to 1012.6.

0 Likes
pepsinio
Pioneer
Options

I spoke some time ago with another media to test against one of their previous tests done with earlier firmware. Problem was that they did not have the soundbar at their disposal anymore. 

Fazit (for German audience) : Don't buy samsung sounbars even if they are great on paper.

Looking back most all my recent samsung purchases fall short and had requested repair or return at least once. ( washing machine, phones, soundbar)

Regards

0 Likes