Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-Q90R Soundbars Low subwoofer with 1012.6 Firmware

(Topic created on: 07-04-2021 07:59 PM)
next6000
Explorer
Options

Hi Guys,
the bass on the subwoofer has significantly dialed down when playing any content, from stereo to 5.1 to atmos, you don't feel the typical home theatre effect. I also did soundbar sound test and subwoofer is really low, are you experiencing the same issue? (sub level is on +6) I specify that I don't like to have subwoofer too loud, but in my case is extremely too low.

thank you

59 REPLIES 59
Levstyle
Pioneer
Options

Have you compared the sound difference between the power on or off of the subwoofer? If you place the subwoofer far away from the sofa, I can understand your conclusion。

I placed the subwoofer next to me, and obviously felt that the vibration of the subwoofer was weakened. Only when I touched it with my hand can I feel a little vibration.

Levstyle
Pioneer
Options

I placed the subwoofer next to me, and obviously felt that the vibration of the subwoofer was weakened. Only when I touched it with my hand can I feel a little vibration.

Pipes
Pioneer
Options

Keep in mind that putting the sub beside someone has no greater result then finding The Sweet Spot of the non-directional base there for you can put it anywhere you want as long as the Bluetooth will pick it up and still deliver the best sound in that location even compared to if it was right beside you hence why you feel someone's stereo in your car but being in their car wouldn't be the same

0 Likes
mauromol
Pioneer
Options

@TurkAngora wrote:

If you "fall among the people who are quite sensible to audio quality", then you probably wouldn't have a Samsung soundbar. But whether an audiophile or not, a very diminished subwoofer is noticeable. So while you are very thrilled with your system in any form, there are those that would like this issue addressed. By Samsung.

In regards to the issue of why now and not five months ago when the firmware came out, some of us have more important issues to deal with on a day-to-day basis than researching electronics firmware.

For the same reason, some of us have more important issues in life that may force them to buy a Samsung soundbar instead of a more hi end audio system even if they love audio quality.

If we want to argue against the choice of a Samsung soundbar, then I could ask you the same: why did you buy a Samsung soundbar?

With the "5 months" statement I just wanted to contradict the assertion that this problem has been reported here since the day the mentioned firmware was released, which was not my assertion.

You keep on saying that "a very diminished subwoofer is noticeable". I can't stop you from saying this as an absolute truth, as I think I've already expressed clearly my opinion. I just say, for the last time, that with my own HW-Q90R sound bar there is NO noticeable diminished subwoofer issue after applying the 1012.6 update, for sure. If some of you don't believe me and think that I'm just lying because I am not able to listen to my sound system... well, it's not my problem.

Hope you'll be able to solve your issue with Samsung.

0 Likes
pepsinio
Pioneer
Options

@mauromol one of the purposes of a forum is for people to exchange information and find solutions to issues. Now from your comments since few days I have seen attacks and effort spent in solving conspiracy theories from the posts given by the people having an issue with soundbar they spent a lot of their money on. I don't think anyone has tried to argue with you and the contrary people are happy for you and wonder why  (at least I do) are you here questioning whether we are sane or not.

The reality is much more simpler. Bunch of people have a common issue and discuss about how to solve it.

The fact that you don't have such problem can only be great for you. I understand you are contrarian type of person, but best spent your time on bigger and greater mysteries to solve :smiling-face: 

next6000
Explorer
Options

@mauromol please don't be rude with people asking questions or posting issue they are expirienced, the main scope of this forum is to share and help people to fix issues if is possible, otherwise you don't need to answer if you don't have the solutions... Personal considerations about if an issue posted is important or not are not welcome.
And yes I have the issue with sub after the update. So please respect the people are more unlucky then you like me that have the sub not working as before.
Thank you
Regards

TurkAngora
Journeyman
Options

@mauromol Your feedback has been noted. Your soundbar is perfect. You can now please move on to other forum discussions in an effort to defend all things Samsung. Thank you.

Levstyle
Pioneer
Options

@Pipes  You are right, the subwoofer is non-directional, but only at the same distance. No direction does not mean that you can place the subwoofer at an infinite distance from you. Just like seismic waves, the longer the distance, the more severe the vibration attenuation. I highly recommend that you turn off the power to the subwoofer and see if it makes any difference. If there is no difference, then your subwoofer has lost its role

0 Likes
Pipes
Pioneer
Options

I put the sub excacly where I sit even on a couple pillows .. Then I walk around the room on the outside walls then on my hands and knees and listen for the sub test tone of 30 htz.. As soon as I hear it I mark that spot.... I do this for all frequency then I go over all the spots that Gave me the most frequency @ that spot.... I'll then put my sub there... If you know this wonderful.. But anyone else... You now know the best way to get the lows out of the sub.... With the least amount of nulls.. Enjoy. 

0 Likes
Levstyle
Pioneer
Options

@samsung, plz release a new firmware to fix the bug of the subwoofer