Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-Q90R Soundbar Dolby Vision issues

(Topic created on: 20-01-2020 01:10 AM)
LTCorwin
Student
Options

I recently purchased a Panasonic DP-UB820 4K Blu-Ray player, and a Panasonic TX-58GX800B TV  along with a Samsung HW-Q90R soundbar.

I have set the equipment up as described in the manual, with High Speed HDMI cables purchased at  the same time.

However, when I connect the 4K player (sand/or my Xbox One X which is also a Dolby Vision enabled source) to my TV via the sound bar, I am unable to pass a Dolby Vision HDR Encoded signal through to the TV.  If I connect either device direct  to the TV, then Dolby Vision is passed through properly and correctly.

The soundbar does pass through standard 4K, HDR10 and HDR10+ signals correctly, it just does not pass through Dolby Vision.

I have properly enabled Dolby Vision for the 4K player and Xbox during these test.

Should the soundbar be passing through the Dolby Vision signal or is it incompatible with that?

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
abc123xyz
Explorer
Options

@JFarol wrote:
Yes. My Xbox one x and Apple TV 4K are directly plugged into the soundbar and it seems like Dolby vision is working.

what tv are you using?

0 Likes
sully930
First Poster
Options

I can't get DV to pass through my q70r soundbar either. I have a Nvidia shield and a visio tv. If I connect the shield directly to my TV it works but not if the soundbar is in between.

0 Likes
JFarol
Journeyman
Options

@abc123xyz wrote:

@JFarol wrote:
Yes. My Xbox one x and Apple TV 4K are directly plugged into the soundbar and it seems like Dolby vision is working.

what tv are you using?

I already returned the soundbar. Went with a better setup 

0 Likes
JFarol
Journeyman
Options

@Cobra617 wrote:

Did you have to do anything special for the Apple TV 4K? Also, can you tell me which input it is connected to? To switch inputs on mine (ATV4K is on HDMI2 currently), I would have to take it down and feed more cable. I'd rather not do that unless I know that it will fix the problem. 

Have you enabled Dolby vision in the settings of the Apple TV 4K? There's an HDR setting and a Dolby Vision setting specifically. 

0 Likes