Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-Q90R low center channel sound

(Topic created on: 25-06-2020 04:20 PM)
leeeka
First Poster
Options

Hi! Dialogue and speech are very quiet and muffled on my soundbar. When I play the testing tone on the soundbar I can barely hear anything from these channels: TW L, TW R, MID2 L, MID2 R, CT L and CT R. On other channels the test tone is very clear. What seems to be the problem and is it software or hardware issue? I have updated the soundbar to latest firmware. 

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
AndrewL
Options
@leeeka: What TV do you have the soundbar connected to, and what connection method are you using e.g. HDMI? Is this occurring on all channels and media?
0 Likes
leeeka
First Poster
Options
It's connected to my QE55Q7FNA with HDMI. And yeah it's happening on every media.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@leeeka: If you tap Sound Mode on your remote and select 'Adaptive Sound', does this help with the volume levels at all? Of not then, for clarity, please can you confirm how many rear speakers you have as part of the surround setup? Is the LED indicator on the rear speakers showing as continuously blue?
0 Likes
leeeka
First Poster
Options

Adaptive sound is not doing much. And I have two rear speakers that came with the soundbar. Blue lights are on so they are connected and working fine. Shame if voice quality drops like this in less than a year...

0 Likes
Moosifur
First Poster
Options

Just got mine today and I'm having the same exact issue.

0 Likes
leeeka
First Poster
Options
After some playing around I noticed that on audio content from my Xbox One X the issue is not there. So my "fix" was doing a factory reset (fixed issues with connecting to wifi), then setting center speaker volume to +6 and others to - 2 for audio content from in-TV apps. (guess my tv is the real culprit here)
I admit it's a little frustrating to fiddle around the sound settings with every audio source separately.
0 Likes
Moosifur
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, factor resetting didn't do anything for me and turning the center volume up only makes the muffled sound louder, not any clearer. It does it on my PS4 too, so I don't think it's my TV.

0 Likes
stasgrin
Apprentice
Options

Same issue on Q800T soundbar.

It was all brilliant for about 4 month and then all of a sudden.... voice became very low and dodgy. Playing around with settings, connecting with HDMI-eACR or WiFi did nothing, as well as rying to play around with +\- tremble\center\etc soundbar settings. Adaptive sound is always ON.

Will try to chase their repairs team or return it back. It is just disgusting as it is now... more frustrating that it happened just one day after turning the TV on without any obvious reason for it.

SOLUTION THAT HELPED ME: hard-reset the soundbar and TV sound setting.

After chatting to support and then attempted with myself to make a hard-reset both of my soundbar and TV. Check google on how to do it on your soudbar\tv model. After pairing the TV to the soundbar now have wonderful amazing sound yet again!

0 Likes
nzruhmann
First Poster
Options

same issue for me, very frustrating

0 Likes