Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-Q90R LEDs are blinking

(Topic created on: 18-08-2020 01:37 PM)
Gil80
Pioneer
Options

Hi 

I’ve noticed that while I watch movies in a dark room, the blue LEDs on the wireless speakers and subwoofer will blink every few minutes. 
I don’t know if this expected or not. 
I didn’t experience disconnection issues but I’m worried that this is a sign of getting disconnections. 

anyone noticed it?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
AndrewL
Options

@Gil80: If the LEDs are blinking blue then this means that they are recovering the connection. Check if the power cable attached to the main Soundbar unit is connected properly or wait about 5 minutes. If blinking persists, try manually connecting the subwoofer and speakers. For more details, please check page 7 of the user manual via the link below.

https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201906/20190628132027295/HW-Q90R_XU_FullManual_00_ENG_...

0 Likes
Gil80
Pioneer
Options

@AndrewL I've reviewed the user manual as you suggested and I've done manual pairing, although, it wasn't really required because the rears and the sub connect automatically when I power on the soundbar.

They are still solid blue, but they will blink twice (I believe) and then continue to be solid blue every 5 minutes or so.

What is the trigger to recover connection if on the face of it, seems like no connection loss is going on?

Any other steps to troubleshoot this problem?

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Would be able to check what software version is currently running on? I can see that the latest one available is the version 1010.5.

To check the current firmware version on the soundbar, follow these steps:

1. Check to make sure the Soundbar is powered off.
2. Press and hold the Sound Control (On the right of the Sound Mode button) button on the Soundbar remote for more than 6 seconds.

0 Likes
Gil80
Pioneer
Options

these are the firmware versions that I have. 

M 0128.0

B 1010.5

H 0051.0

W 0240.0

RR 0136.0

FD 0040.0

RL 0136.0

S 0136.0

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

This doesn't seem to be what I'm looking for @Gil80  Are you able to send us a picture of what is displayed on the screen when you follow the steps provided above? 

0 Likes
Gil80
Pioneer
Options

Hi @TessM 

The above firmware versions are exactly what is displayed when I follow the instructions provided.

They might not be listed in the same order as they appear on the bar, but as you can see, the Bar version (B) is 1010.5 which is the latest.

I simply provided the rest of the displayed versions of the side, front, sub and rear speakers firmware versions as well.

0 Likes
Gil80
Pioneer
Options

@TessM @AndrewL 

see below screenshot if that satisfies your request over my previous post. 
Also, I’m noticing the subwoofer disconnects and resumes connection after about 2 seconds. 
this probably was the case since I had it, but I didn’t pick it up till I started listening to music where the bass is more prominent. 

Clearly there’s a problem with this soundbar. 

DCEAA2CF-4653-4B51-A5D6-CEACBE05090B.png

0 Likes