Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-Q90R Disconnects!

(Topic created on: 10-06-2019 08:07 AM)
ShiroEd
Apprentice
Options

Took delivery of this brand new product on Saturday only to find I'm one of many reporting that it has a fundamental problem. 

It disconnects from the Sub and both Rear speakers when it's turned off. Power cycling the Sub and the Rears will reconnect them but this is unacceptable in a product costing £1500.

Samsung, please respond and let us know that you're aware of this (unbelievable if you're not) and what action is necessary to make this product function correctly. Either a firmware update or an acknowledgement that we might have a faulty batch and require replacements. 

See this link for how widespread this has already become: 

https://www.avforums.com/threads/samsung-hw-q90r-soundbar-review-comments.2231672/

Please  respond. 

0 Likes
Go to solution
432 REPLIES 432
VP01
Journeyman
Options
If you didnt get this “UPDATE” → “BYE” → “ON” then your update is not fully complete or somehow corrupted. I got this message once instead of 3 times as per the guide.
0 Likes
Filipgo
Explorer
Options

Do you have Q90R model?

Can you send me the file You have on your flash disc, please? (I'm mac user and I had to install the exe through Crossover software and maybe that could be the problem, but as I mentioned , on the Smarthing app I see the LATEST firmware) but the dialogues in the firmware guide doesn't meet mine.

How about the volume settings of rear,central, top rear monitors. Do you hear any changes if you set the volume on max?

0 Likes
VP01
Journeyman
Options

Yes I have the HW-Q90R soundbar. Cant attach the upgrade.msd file on here but it is available on the US Samsung site.

I have a macbook however for this download I used a windows laptop (as it did state it was essential) to get the file. 

0 Likes
Filipgo
Explorer
Options

ok then I have to get PC ... 

If anyone can send me the file from the usb flash I would be glad.

I really don't want to buy for this one perticular think new windows notebook ... I don't understand why Samsung doesn't offer the install for mac users. 

0 Likes
VP01
Journeyman
Options

All you need to do is stick the download on the usb. Just borrow a laptop or use a friends/family members desktop? Download, extract and check file path match the userguide then plug in and follow the simple instructios, 

And yes sound on the rear speakers works as expected volume etc all fine.

0 Likes
vojvo
Apprentice
Options

Hi #filipgo

I've exactly same issue, could you please tell us when and how you fixed when done?

Thanks

0 Likes
Filipgo
Explorer
Options

I didn't fix it yet 😞 Another user gave me advice to get somewhere windows pc and try it again... so I'm working on that :smiling-face: 

Then I let you know exact sequence of what I dit... but I'm afraid that that doesn't help... as I wrote, my smarthing app shows the latest firmware... 

Hebe
Journeyman
Options

Can't believe some Mac Users are not able to handle their Mac. 

Download an alternative App for archives. Open the Exe with this App and even OS X will just create the folder you have to send to your usb Device. 

No Miracle, no Windows Machine... just a work of 60 seconds. 

0 Likes
Filipgo
Explorer
Options

I'm sure you never worked on mac 😞 To run exe on mac needs special and paid program. I use Crossover and so I could install the exe on my usb flash with my mac.

But please explain me, why you write here if you don't help in any way ... 😞 I'm sure you didn't even read my post where I exactly explain what I did etc. 

NatFlenders
Explorer
Options

15620048020907093784358935485418.jpg

After update you need to press and hold down button 10 sec or so, then update of all speakers starts. The one updating is blinking always. Takes 10 min for all.

0 Likes