Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HW-Q90R Disconnects!

(Topic created on: 29-05-2021 11:16 PM)
ShiroEd
Apprentice
Options

Took delivery of this brand new product on Saturday only to find I'm one of many reporting that it has a fundamental problem. 

It disconnects from the Sub and both Rear speakers when it's turned off. Power cycling the Sub and the Rears will reconnect them but this is unacceptable in a product costing £1500.

Samsung, please respond and let us know that you're aware of this (unbelievable if you're not) and what action is necessary to make this product function correctly. Either a firmware update or an acknowledgement that we might have a faulty batch and require replacements. 

See this link for how widespread this has already become: 

https://www.avforums.com/threads/samsung-hw-q90r-soundbar-review-comments.2231672/

Please  respond. 

0 Likes
432 REPLIES 432
CHRING
First Poster
Options

Completely disable your 5ghz wifi, only use 2.4. That solved it for me on the q950t. 

Samsung shame on you! These expensive machines should also work in a house with 5ghz.

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options

My Q90R soundbar works on 2 .4 or 5, makes no difference on mine.

spikey1973
Explorer
Options

@

0 Likes
spikey1973
Explorer
Options

I have read through (most) of this thread hoping to find a solution for my issue, unfortunately i haven't so much. I got here after posting here a few comments in theis thread below where people have the same issue:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/audio-video/1012-6-firmware-update-for-hw-q80r-soundbar/td-p/233...

my initial thought on this issue and the lost subwoofer connection was faulty, hence my response to SesionNLive here above.

My issue is that after a (smartthings) firmware update right after purchase of my q80r it left me without updating the W (woofer?) : and S (subwoofer): leaving them both at 0.033.0 instead of the expected 0.24x.0 and 0.136.0. 
i have tried updating the main unit (W:oofer) via smartthings and via usb but to no avail.,also the update via usb of S: did not work. I followed the manual as well as the youtube links posted earlier.

Am i doing something wrong, am i missing something? i have found that most people here have issues with updating from higher values then 0.033.0 unlike me and the people in the other thread. Anyone have any thoughts on how to upgrade this to current values as it seems it makes a fair improvement and i am far from happy with my current sound from (sub)woofer.

Kind greatings, Matthieu

0 Likes
userd4wFF7dvTE
Apprentice
Options

Can someone please help me!!! I have the HW-950T and all it does on certain channels is have choppy gargling audio, but video is clear. I changed the HDMI cables and did nothing. I'm connected ARC. My old Samsung soundbar never had an issue. I thought it was Comcast issue and tech comes out and nothing..

Mostly happens on sports games or news channels. It will spit out choppy audio, but tv audio is fine if I turn off the Soundbar, so now I know its the soundbar.. No idea with this 5ghz config on Soundbar. My Samsung TV is on WIFI connected to 5ghz. if I hold up the subwoofer remote per manual it just shows ARC... never goes to any other mode.

I'm on the latest firmware.. I can't believe this junk premium product with sound cutting out for 5 minutes and then goes away.. Its sporadic. 

0 Likes
Members_xW1fzVa
First Poster
Options

Hi guys. I have bought the q90r bar separately and rear speakers separately. Still need to buy subwoofer. My problem is that the soundar doesn't want to pair with rear speakers. Does it need a subwoofer to pair or one of these items (rear speakers or bar) is faulty. Regards Rob

0 Likes
Members_aXwEvKm
First Poster
Options

I've had this problem ever since I bought the product in Sep 2019. I've updated software, done everything in the manual, spent hours on with Samsung technical support, where basically they tell you to do ID Set. Nothing works for more than 10 minutes at a time. I spend more time looking at blue flashing lights than watching TV. This product is not of commercial standard and a waste of over a grand.

0 Likes
Lh3
First Poster
Options

I have the q90 setup which cost over £1000, the only solution I have found which still works over 2 years later , is to purchase additional long power cables and turn off the power to the rear speakers each night and then turn back on after the tv and soundbar powers up in the morning.

Following this procedure the rear speakers have never dropped out in two years. All the software updating has not resolved anything.

Samsung have failed to fix this in their software. I also have a n400 soundbar on another Samsung q65tv and if you connect via hdmi cable the maximum volume is half of that , than if you connect via Bluetooth. Again another Samsung software problem 

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options

Never ever had mine drop out, and had mine 2 years, runs perfectly

0 Likes
sebben0
First Poster
Options

Old thread, but same issue.

Everything has been working great for two years, but I've been struggling with connection issues in the last few weeks. First was the Sub not powering on from standby, and now it's all the speakers. It works 70% of the time when I do a power cycle on the rears and sub. ID SET does nothing at all. It's also randomised which speakers works and doesn't when powering the bar on from Standby.

There has been no changes to any of my setup, nor have I added any new gadgets that might create interference. We live in a house with fair distance to any neighbours, so there isn't any interference there either. 

I have: 

- Reset the bar multiple times and deleted from app, added again

- Tested with no WiFI and BT active on the main unit

- Changed the channel and tried 1, 2 and 3 

- Moved my WiFi router (has been in the same place this whole time, no settings changed)

- Turned off all my WiFi gadgets in proximity to the bar

- Turned off my WiFi router and changed channels / frequency and even disabled 5 Ghz to no avail

- SET ID about 40 times a day. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not

The bar, sub and rears are all at the exact same place as they always have been, since I have the system wall mounted (except for the sub, of course). I'm guessing there is something wrong with the logic board on the main unit, since the issue is spread across all the speakers. And the fact that the issue happened all of the sudden. 

I find the whole thing to be strange too because when they do connect, they stay connected until I set the bar in Standby. And then I have to do the whole dance once more the next time I want to use the system. 

I'm still under consumer law in my country, but given that so many people have had issues with the Q90R I'm not to optimistic about getting it "fixed". I rather have Samsung replace my bar with a newer one that actually works. Not amused at the moment. 

EDIT: Latest FW, everything is up to date too. Has been for the past year or so.

0 Likes