Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HW-Q90R Disconnects!

(Topic created on: 20-07-2020 06:39 PM)
ShiroEd
Apprentice
Options

Took delivery of this brand new product on Saturday only to find I'm one of many reporting that it has a fundamental problem. 

It disconnects from the Sub and both Rear speakers when it's turned off. Power cycling the Sub and the Rears will reconnect them but this is unacceptable in a product costing £1500.

Samsung, please respond and let us know that you're aware of this (unbelievable if you're not) and what action is necessary to make this product function correctly. Either a firmware update or an acknowledgement that we might have a faulty batch and require replacements. 

See this link for how widespread this has already become: 

https://www.avforums.com/threads/samsung-hw-q90r-soundbar-review-comments.2231672/

Please  respond. 

0 Likes
432 REPLIES 432
Leomajor88
First Poster
Options

0 Likes
Leomajor88
First Poster
Options
LG TVs can't pass atmos through to external speakers. You need an external media player like an Apple TV or Nvidia Shirld Pro connected to a soundbar through HDMI, then connect to soundbar to the tv through ARC.
0 Likes
grid8400
Journeyman
Options
When I start on my LG Oled the Netflix app and select a movie that is Dolby Atmos the soundbar switches to Dolby Atmos so really no problem here...
0 Likes
Polio407
First Poster
Options

Bought this soundbar at bestbuy 2 days ago for $999 sale, I ended up returning it today.The sound when working was great! Unforunately, ive had a very buggy experience. I had it hooked up with my xbox one x and 4k blu ray player, with the arc hooked to my vizio p 65 tv. I would lose video/audio connection every now and then playing on my xbox, specially if I would change any audio/video settings on the xbox. The only way to fix it was to power everything off, and unplug the devices.A simple power off would not fix it, I had to physcialy disconnect and re connect the cables.  I then found out when I unplugged my 4k blu ray player from HDMI 2, for some reason the soundbar would not play sound over arc! I still dont understand this, I replugged a hdmi cable attached to nothing into hdmi 2, and  the audio through arc would return. Maybe it was a defective hdmi input that made the bar buggy? WHo knows  but decided paying $1000 on this and to already be experiencing issues on a brand new device day 1 and 2, I had to return it.  I contacted samsung support through the chat which was a total joke, guy told me I need to contact my tv provider for help! My old lg soundbar never gave me any headache. Anyway rant over.. 

0 Likes
Sparky-66
Student
Options

I resorted to installing an inline switch onto the power cable for instant reset of the soundbar. If I turn on the TV and the Q90R fails to communicate an ARC signal to the TV, a simple flick of the switch and away you go. (on the odd occasion, you may also need to turn on from the soundbar and also in the TV Sound menu from TV Speaker to Home Cinema).

Too frustrated to wait for Samsung to fix or let alone acknowledge that a problem exists. I have more important things to get on with in life.

The problem lays firmly within the coding and communication at the soundbars' HDMI Input. The TV is sending an initial signal to turn on the Q90R via the TVs' HDMI ARC Output port but the Samsung Q90R is randomly not accepting a comms. signal request. The ARC port needs to be in constant 2 way communication to work at all. In summary, the HDMI ARC Input port has either a hardware related faulty HDMI chip or they need to update the chips firmware for more reliable comms. with an input signal from the TV.

0 Likes
johnjensen
Explorer
Options

Yes, thats right. But if Netflix output DD 5.1 you must have the soundbar in Standard mode, not example ADA. 

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options

Why are people still using the stupid USB way of updating. This has the greatest risk of corrupting your firmware if not careful.

Using smart things is far better and automatic. Have auto update on and never need to worry. It downloads and updates everything automatically. No hassle and painless.

I see most people issues with hardware are because the use of the USB method.

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options

never had an issue as smart things takes care of it and never had any issue with any update just leaving it to smart things. 

In there is an auto update setting solves all firmware issues and update problems and works seamlessly in the background just like your TV updates regularly checks

0 Likes
Rodi82
Student
Options

I bought it for 2 days ago. The subwoofer and the right speaker keep blinking. Tried to apdate, reset, unplug everyting, talk to Samsung service ... Nothing helps. I will send it back to samsung. 

PiPoLiNiO
Journeyman
Options
Hello. I bought the soundbar 2 days ago. I played the latest soft and unfortunately almost every time after turning the equipment off and on, the sub or one of the speakers does not work: / Embarrassing that the equipment for $ 1000 creates such amateur problems.

Tried resets, disconnections, paired all again. Nothing helps.