Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HW-Q90R Disconnects!

(Topic created on: 02-06-2020 11:20 PM)
ShiroEd
Apprentice
Options

Took delivery of this brand new product on Saturday only to find I'm one of many reporting that it has a fundamental problem. 

It disconnects from the Sub and both Rear speakers when it's turned off. Power cycling the Sub and the Rears will reconnect them but this is unacceptable in a product costing £1500.

Samsung, please respond and let us know that you're aware of this (unbelievable if you're not) and what action is necessary to make this product function correctly. Either a firmware update or an acknowledgement that we might have a faulty batch and require replacements. 

See this link for how widespread this has already become: 

https://www.avforums.com/threads/samsung-hw-q90r-soundbar-review-comments.2231672/

Please  respond. 

0 Likes
432 REPLIES 432
bluedog69
Explorer
Options

Hello, My rear speakers dont disconnect, but when watching movies with Dolby Atmos is keeps cutting out then back on every few minutes,

You can tell by the sound and the small screen scrolling the info on the right.

Tried to reload firmware but it wont take it.

Whats the US firmware have and where do you get it.

Thanks

0 Likes
LazyX9
Explorer
Options

Nope, update did not solve the connection issue Im having with my brand new Q90R.

Right out of the box and after updating to latest firmware my left rear speaker just wont maintain connection and drops out constantly and the few moments it manange to connect the sound is not clear and you can tell its because of poor connection.

This is just aweful and shameful of Samsung to let such a premium product have these issues, If they dont come with a solution within a week I will send it back and buy from their competitors instead. So anyone who is thinking of buying this product, my advice is dont!

pannal
Apprentice
Options
I have the same issue. Once the subwoofer is really close to the soundbar, the blue light stays lit. Newest firmware, sub and rears updated.

Once I move it away a couple of centimeters, the sub starts blinking slowly again.

The rears seem to work fine a couple of meters away.
0 Likes
pannal
Apprentice
Options
OK, I've figured it out. I had my 5Ghz Wi-Fi set to DFS channels (EU), 80mhz width on channel 108.

I've now set it to non DFS (channel 36), and it never disconnects and I can move it farther away.

Probably the higher 5Ghz channels interfere too much with the 5.8Ghz channel samsung uses.

IIRC the soundbar wouldn't connect to any DFS channels either, maybe related.
pannal
Apprentice
Options
In addition to the above: a FireTV 4K is directly plugged into the soundbar, using the 5Ghz DFS network. That couldn't have helped either.
0 Likes
mauromol
Pioneer
Options

@pannal wrote:
OK, I've figured it out. I had my 5Ghz Wi-Fi set to DFS channels (EU), 80mhz width on channel 108.

I've now set it to non DFS (channel 36), and it never disconnects and I can move it farther away.

Probably the higher 5Ghz channels interfere too much with the 5.8Ghz channel samsung uses.

This is very interesting and may explain why some are having these connectivity issues and some others (like me) are not.

I too have both 2,4 and 5 GHz networks, but using a low non-DFS channel for the 5 GHz one.

RichardBuckland
First Poster
Options

@pannal wrote:

Hi, got mine delivered and straight out of the box I have the problem of sub losing connection and once it does connect I can move it just 1cm and it starts blinking again, I have also changed network settings as per your post, when I check the frequency list my sub comes upas 0000.0 been going crazy trying to get it to work but nothing yet, not sure if it’s a fault😫

0 Likes
RichardBuckland
First Poster
Options
Forgot to mention software is updated too.
0 Likes
Zoehir
First Poster
Options

Hi Pannal,

Please can you help me. I have exact the same issue. My subwoofer is only connects when it is close to the soundbar. but after some centimeters than it will disconnect. I have 2 routers and tried to power that off but still the same issue.

I had also powerd off the micro wave. What can i try more? or is it the product that is not working?

0 Likes
LazyX9
Explorer
Options

Ok so now another issue has come up, for some reason the soundbar has lost wifi connection and will not connect again. 

I have removed the device from Smart Things app and restarted basically my whole network and the soundbar,

Smart Things app detect the soundbar and I start the adding process, login on samsung account and confirm the connection by pressing "-" on the soundbar. It runs up to 99% in the connection process, gets stuck for a while then it gives me an error message saying "There was a problem connectioing to the network with your Soundbar. Make sure your network is working correctly."

This makes absolutely no sense, Im thinking this might have happend after the latest firmware update or something but my thoughts are the the guys over at Samsung need to the their ***** together and run go back to the drawing board to fix these products. This is just terrible.

Anyone else have these problems?