Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HW-Q90R Disconnects!

(Topic created on: 20-12-2019 10:15 AM)
ShiroEd
Apprentice
Options

Took delivery of this brand new product on Saturday only to find I'm one of many reporting that it has a fundamental problem. 

It disconnects from the Sub and both Rear speakers when it's turned off. Power cycling the Sub and the Rears will reconnect them but this is unacceptable in a product costing £1500.

Samsung, please respond and let us know that you're aware of this (unbelievable if you're not) and what action is necessary to make this product function correctly. Either a firmware update or an acknowledgement that we might have a faulty batch and require replacements. 

See this link for how widespread this has already become: 

https://www.avforums.com/threads/samsung-hw-q90r-soundbar-review-comments.2231672/

Please  respond. 

0 Likes
432 REPLIES 432
NatFlenders
Explorer
Options

Hi,

have very strange issue with the HW-Q90R soundbar:

I always preferred now 5.1 sound instead of Atmos as rear-channels worked much better.
Found now out if I deactivate HDR/Dolby Vision on the Xbox one X or Nvidia Shield TV (both connected directly to Soundbar) then Dolby Atmos Sound is much improved, especially the rear channels.

TV is LG Oled B6, but should not be important as devices connected to Soundbar?

Any idea what is the problem? Is HDR plus Atmos at the same time too much too handle or pass through for the soundbar?

br,
Nat

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Hi, 

I faced some disconnection in atmos with nvidia shield pro with last version of kodi 18.5(pass-through activated) -> soundbar q90r fw 1008 -> Sony xf9005.

The sound disappear randomly during a movie few times for less than a sec. Im connected with rj45 to my Nas.

I didn't have this issue with my Xbox one x but no passtrought possible with kodi. 

I tried to use the hdmi cable of the Xbox it doesn't change anything.

Any advices please, thanks. 

0 Likes
IanCardiff
Journeyman
Options

I can't keep mine connected for more than about 2 minutes!

0 Likes
Dandee
Pioneer
Options
Alot of Q90R soundbars are supposably having this problem. If it isnt faulty a simple firmware update via USB should fix the problem
IanCardiff
Journeyman
Options

Does this mean that although the unit is saying it's software is up to date, I still need to update it manually via  USB not over WiFi?

Dandee
Pioneer
Options
I had issues with mine & clicked update in the smart things ap but for some reason it didnt update to the latest version. So i downloaded it manually & installed from USB. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/2019-harmon-kardon-soundbar-w-dolby-atmos-hw-q90rp i used this link for the firmware & manual also available 🙂
Dandee
Pioneer
Options
For some reason the direct firmware link i posted doesnt take you to the downlioad as i intended. You may need to find your specific model
0 Likes
Dandee
Pioneer
Options
Let me know if my solution solves your problem 🙂
0 Likes
IanCardiff
Journeyman
Options
Yes I found the download site and the unit is in the process of updating. I have to say that for an item of new technology it isn't exactly user friendly! Especially as the various units are placed about the room, going round disconnecting them and reconnecting them to the power source in the correct order isn't that easy. The update instructions aren't that good either. I hope someone from Samsung reads this!
0 Likes
Dandee
Pioneer
Options
Cant believe people posting & moaning about thier rear speakers/sub & soundbar cutting out etc... but wont try the latest firmware update via usb. Asking what the update includes & still not satisfied it includes bug fixes for known issues.... maybe like the issue you originally posted about? OMG! Wow! Sorted my soundbar = spot on now!