Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HW-Q90R Disconnects!

(Topic created on: 28-06-2019 12:28 PM)
ShiroEd
Apprentice
Options

Took delivery of this brand new product on Saturday only to find I'm one of many reporting that it has a fundamental problem. 

It disconnects from the Sub and both Rear speakers when it's turned off. Power cycling the Sub and the Rears will reconnect them but this is unacceptable in a product costing £1500.

Samsung, please respond and let us know that you're aware of this (unbelievable if you're not) and what action is necessary to make this product function correctly. Either a firmware update or an acknowledgement that we might have a faulty batch and require replacements. 

See this link for how widespread this has already become: 

https://www.avforums.com/threads/samsung-hw-q90r-soundbar-review-comments.2231672/

Please  respond. 

0 Likes
432 REPLIES 432
canton
Student
Options
The soundbar still works perfectly after the upgrade to ver.1008. Everything is connected and without problems, even 24 hours after the update is installed! Sound is perfect.
0 Likes
JohnnyMnemonic
Student
Options

Ah yes finally! no problem with connection after updating to 1008! GREAT!

0 Likes
gnomes
Journeyman
Options

Just upgraded to version 1008 (US) and confirm all is working. 

UK Soundbar :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Stewart_T
Apprentice
Options

Im on 1007.9 and stilll have connection issues.

Can some one share the Firmware folder for 1008, Im on Mac and lovely Samsung only caters for exe files and windows !!!!!!!!!

Frustrated to say the least, 1500 quid piece of kit and driving me crazy

0 Likes
gnomes
Journeyman
Options

Hey Stewart, happy to help. What do you need? Can you not download from the link?

0 Likes
Stewart_T
Apprentice
Options

Hi

Can download but its exe file, Im on MAC so cant unpack it to USB to then update the soundbar.

I basically need the folder from the USB stick that has been unpacked.

0 Likes
Stewart_T
Apprentice
Options

Screenshot 2019-06-28 at 12.30.53.png

0 Likes
gnomes
Journeyman
Options
Check your inbox and let me know
0 Likes
Dutchstur
Apprentice
Options
Did you do a power off/on the speakers. Make sure you got connection to the speakers and then press the down button on the remote for 6 seconds. It takes about 10 minutes. After that I did a new init of the speakers. And now my 1007.9 upgrade works fine.
Hebe
Journeyman
Options

If you use an Unzipper, the Mac will just extract the EXE and you'll see the folder :winking-face:

0 Likes