Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HW-Q90R Disconnects!

(Topic created on: 27-06-2019 12:07 PM)
ShiroEd
Apprentice
Options

Took delivery of this brand new product on Saturday only to find I'm one of many reporting that it has a fundamental problem. 

It disconnects from the Sub and both Rear speakers when it's turned off. Power cycling the Sub and the Rears will reconnect them but this is unacceptable in a product costing £1500.

Samsung, please respond and let us know that you're aware of this (unbelievable if you're not) and what action is necessary to make this product function correctly. Either a firmware update or an acknowledgement that we might have a faulty batch and require replacements. 

See this link for how widespread this has already become: 

https://www.avforums.com/threads/samsung-hw-q90r-soundbar-review-comments.2231672/

Please  respond. 

0 Likes
432 REPLIES 432
Helal
Journeyman
Options
Moi aussi mon ami :smiling-face: Après 2 semaines de débug intensif, la maj en version 1008 US est parfaite.
Pour info, elle mets à jour la version des SUB et REAR en 0136 au lieu de 0133 précédemment.
VP01
Journeyman
Options

Guessing you're in France 

Google translate your post which says - Me too my friend After 2 weeks of intensive debugging, the maj version 1008 US is perfect. FYI, it updates the version of the SUB and REAR in 0136 instead of 0133 previously.

Taekwonrooij
Pioneer
Options

I live in netherlands, installed us version problem solved after one noght still working. So sofar it works..

gnomes
Journeyman
Options
Interesting! How can you tell the versions of SUB and REAR? As when on smarthings app, it only gives you a single firmware status
JohnnyMnemonic
Student
Options

Just updated mine to ver. 1008. Let's see how it goes tomorrow morning!

0 Likes
CappedCash
First Poster
Options

I had the similar issue as my rear speakers used to disconnect after a while... with the update of firmware to 1008 version the problem seems to be resolved ...I haven't seen any connection issues after the latest firmware update...

0 Likes
VP01
Journeyman
Options

Update 1008 in progress, sound bar took less than mins to update and only said update - bye - on once. Speaker and sub updates in progress hopefully this sorts it!

0 Likes
ShiroEd
Apprentice
Options
Keep us posted...
0 Likes
VP01
Journeyman
Options

Ok so, the update does indeed fix the rear speaker issue when your watching sky for example via HDMI however if you go to spotify and connect via wifi and play a song the rear speakers will not work. 

Also tried youtube via mobile and via amazon firestick no sound out the rear speakers again.

So a bit of good and bad news. Can others who say it is working now check if it does via spotify, youtube, mobile device etc.

0 Likes
canton
Student
Options
I am from Slovakia. I updated my soundbar to ver. 1008 today and everything is fine. My problem with speaker and sub seems to be resolved. I hope. :face-with-tears-of-joy:
0 Likes