Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HW-Q90R Disconnects!

(Topic created on: 27-06-2019 07:32 AM)
ShiroEd
Apprentice
Options

Took delivery of this brand new product on Saturday only to find I'm one of many reporting that it has a fundamental problem. 

It disconnects from the Sub and both Rear speakers when it's turned off. Power cycling the Sub and the Rears will reconnect them but this is unacceptable in a product costing £1500.

Samsung, please respond and let us know that you're aware of this (unbelievable if you're not) and what action is necessary to make this product function correctly. Either a firmware update or an acknowledgement that we might have a faulty batch and require replacements. 

See this link for how widespread this has already become: 

https://www.avforums.com/threads/samsung-hw-q90r-soundbar-review-comments.2231672/

Please  respond. 

0 Likes
432 REPLIES 432
Taekwonrooij
Pioneer
Options
Works, yes! To be we had to findout ourselfs...
Zazadj81
Journeyman
Options

Well, I'm glad the problem has been solved, however I'm disappointed with the rear speakers with apple TV on the n950, when you set better quality, to enable dolby atmos too, the volume is low so you have to set the level to 6db. Contrary to when you go to set up dolby 5.1 they are also too strong. I have no problems with the Xbox instead, I watch the blu ray, and the volume of the rear speakers is great, when I test atmos with the dolby application the sound is wonderful .. I don't understand why with apple tv I don't get the same result as sound immersion. Someone can check if the q90r has the same problem with appletv 4k.

0 Likes
VP01
Journeyman
Options

I asked Samsung via livechat when the 1008 update will be release in the UK

“From the query you have reported, you want to know when the firmware version 1008 for the soundbar HW-Q90R will be released in the UK. I'll be happy to check this for you.”

“As per checking, for the UK firmware version, it is still under development. But, it will be rolled out soon when it is ready.”

“The software will eventually be rolled out in the UK”

So no clear date yet!

My soundbar is meant to be going in for repair tomorrow, dont know if i should just wait for the update or let them collect it and check it over!

0 Likes
ShiroEd
Apprentice
Options
Flash the update from the US site. That's what I'm planning on doing this weekend.
0 Likes
VP01
Journeyman
Options

From what I have been told, there are difference between the US update and the UK one. I dont want to risk it incase it makes things worse. 

0 Likes
ShiroEd
Apprentice
Options
What differences?
0 Likes
VP01
Journeyman
Options

No idea, this is what i was told via the live chat

0 Likes
PauluzNL
Pathfinder
Options
I dont think this is the case. Revision and language differences would be noted in the filename of the firmware.
ShiroEd
Apprentice
Options
Those live chat people really haven't a clue about anything. A couple of people in Europe have flashed the US update and it worked fine.
Break
Student
Options

ok for me (france) after flashing and night sleeping, my soundbar sync well with rear and sub,

Be careful when you update soundbar and especially when you update sub and rear (powercycle sync before) .

0 Likes