Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HW-Q90R Disconnects!

(Topic created on: 26-06-2019 10:39 PM)
ShiroEd
Apprentice
Options

Took delivery of this brand new product on Saturday only to find I'm one of many reporting that it has a fundamental problem. 

It disconnects from the Sub and both Rear speakers when it's turned off. Power cycling the Sub and the Rears will reconnect them but this is unacceptable in a product costing £1500.

Samsung, please respond and let us know that you're aware of this (unbelievable if you're not) and what action is necessary to make this product function correctly. Either a firmware update or an acknowledgement that we might have a faulty batch and require replacements. 

See this link for how widespread this has already become: 

https://www.avforums.com/threads/samsung-hw-q90r-soundbar-review-comments.2231672/

Please  respond. 

0 Likes
432 REPLIES 432
brettautrey
Pioneer
Options

@Taekwonrooij wrote:
Awesome im gonna try! Any installatiin tips? Just usb plug it in, wait and done?

I used the direct download via WiFi. I went into the app on my phone and clicked on the check update button and voila!

0 Likes
ShiroEd
Apprentice
Options
Where are you located Brett?
0 Likes
brettautrey
Pioneer
Options

@ShiroEd wrote:
Where are you located Brett?

I'm in the US (Texas)

0 Likes
Taekwonrooij
Pioneer
Options
I just updated it as well. Will let you guys know in the morning if they really solved it ##praystogod :winking-face:
0 Likes
Taekwonrooij
Pioneer
Options

Did not work after putting it back on after 20 mins. Could this be because smartplug was still in? Now still doesnt work, dont know if i can re install the firmware again... 

It works when you put the soundbar back on within 10 mins.

If you wait 20 mins or so sub en rears are gone again. Same workarround of pulling plug of rear left speaker works..

Gonna cry soon haha.

Nice communication by samsung in the meanwhile........not....

0 Likes
brettautrey
Pioneer
Options

@Taekwonrooij wrote:

Did not work after putting it back on after 20 mins. Could this be because smartplug was still in? Now still doesnt work, dont know if i can re install the firmware again... 

It works when you put the soundbar back on within 10 mins.

If you wait 20 mins or so sub en rears are gone again. Same workarround of pulling plug of rear left speaker works..

Gonna cry soon haha.

Nice communication by samsung in the meanwhile........not....

Did the soundbar reset itself (turn off and back on) several times? That process took some time. 

0 Likes
Taekwonrooij
Pioneer
Options
Yeah.... it s so weir lets see what happens if i put in the usb again
0 Likes
Taekwonrooij
Pioneer
Options
Tried again l,did not work then did another ID set and then it did work even after 10 mins power. Off.
So update 1008 and then id set.
But tommorow after 6 hours is the real test, ill let you know!
Could it be?....... :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:
0 Likes
Flashbugga
Journeyman
Options

1008 Seems to be working for me... 
24 Hours & so far so good 

0 Likes
PauluzNL
Pathfinder
Options

After a full night of about 8 hrs, 1008 seems to work for me.

Everything is still connected and works as expected, tested for about 30 mins. Will check again when I get home from work tonight.

*Dutch soundbar with US firmware update*