Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HW-Q90R Disconnects!

(Topic created on: 26-06-2019 08:21 PM)
ShiroEd
Apprentice
Options

Took delivery of this brand new product on Saturday only to find I'm one of many reporting that it has a fundamental problem. 

It disconnects from the Sub and both Rear speakers when it's turned off. Power cycling the Sub and the Rears will reconnect them but this is unacceptable in a product costing £1500.

Samsung, please respond and let us know that you're aware of this (unbelievable if you're not) and what action is necessary to make this product function correctly. Either a firmware update or an acknowledgement that we might have a faulty batch and require replacements. 

See this link for how widespread this has already become: 

https://www.avforums.com/threads/samsung-hw-q90r-soundbar-review-comments.2231672/

Please  respond. 

0 Likes
432 REPLIES 432
PauluzNL
Pathfinder
Options

Screenshot of the files:

Schermafbeelding 2019-06-26 om 21.08.21.png

The top file (1007.9) file is from the Dutch site.

The bottom file (1008) is the US site.

0 Likes
Taekwonrooij
Pioneer
Options

I know, but might have the same content? Just calling the us version 08?
If its truly different somebody should powernoff the bar  all night and then check if it works next morning, then we know it solved!
Have you tried @PauluzNL 

0 Likes
Taekwonrooij
Pioneer
Options

@sebastit How long did you left the bar after update? Longer then 2 hours? If yes then solved if not then you shoud still check (and let us know :P)

0 Likes
brettautrey
Pioneer
Options
For the US I can say the morning worked and still works halfway thru the day. So far very good
Taekwonrooij
Pioneer
Options
@brettautrey so you have had it with power off for more then 2 hours? If you say yes then im gonna install it :smiling-face:
0 Likes
brettautrey
Pioneer
Options
Yes, @Taekwonrooij. Last night for 8 hours and today for 4-5 hours. Worked each time.
0 Likes
Taekwonrooij
Pioneer
Options
Awesome im gonna try! Any installatiin tips? Just usb plug it in, wait and done?
0 Likes
sebastit
Apprentice
Options

@Taekwonrooij wrote:

@sebastit How long did you left the bar after update? Longer then 2 hours? If yes then solved if not then you shoud still check (and let us know :P)

For now, no longer than 30 min. But I had the disconnects with 1006 already after 2min Standby. Give me the night and I will tell you, if 1008 solves this issue 💤

0 Likes
sebastit
Apprentice
Options

read the upgrade guide!!! http://org.downloadcenter.samsung.com/downloadfile/ContentsFile.aspx?CDSite=US&CttFileID=7367915&CDC...

You have to update the bar and after that the rears and sub.

0 Likes
PauluzNL
Pathfinder
Options

Just did the 1008 update via USB. After the update my soundbar (purchased in Holland) booted up fine and shows the correct FW version in the app.

Will report back tomorrow after a good night sleep.