Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HW-Q90R Disconnects!

(Topic created on: 26-06-2019 03:28 PM)
ShiroEd
Apprentice
Options

Took delivery of this brand new product on Saturday only to find I'm one of many reporting that it has a fundamental problem. 

It disconnects from the Sub and both Rear speakers when it's turned off. Power cycling the Sub and the Rears will reconnect them but this is unacceptable in a product costing £1500.

Samsung, please respond and let us know that you're aware of this (unbelievable if you're not) and what action is necessary to make this product function correctly. Either a firmware update or an acknowledgement that we might have a faulty batch and require replacements. 

See this link for how widespread this has already become: 

https://www.avforums.com/threads/samsung-hw-q90r-soundbar-review-comments.2231672/

Please  respond. 

0 Likes
432 REPLIES 432
brettautrey
Pioneer
Options
Yes, hdmi/arc... I don't think Atmos or any 5.1 or 7.1 works over optical, in fact I'm 99.9% sure it doesn't
0 Likes
VP01
Journeyman
Options

My soundbar is going in for repair on Friday and have to go through the hassle of unplugging and repackaging it all!

If i hear anything regarding the root cause other the a software issue i will let you all know. Hopefully my soundbar doesn't come be damaged!

0 Likes
NatFlenders
Explorer
Options

wait for 1.008, or do you have that one already?

0 Likes
VP01
Journeyman
Options

Tempted, but its not yet clear if the 1.008 update will fix this issue. I can't even update to 1.007.

I asked Samsung what fixes/ improvements are in the 1.007 and 1.008 update and they said bug fixes and minor enhancements. Asked for release notes or further documentation on this which was not given.

0 Likes
sebastit
Apprentice
Options

Update 1008.0 is available at us page: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/2019-harmon-kardon-soundbar-w-dolby-atmos-hw-q90r

Read: Upgrade guide Version 0000! (click SEE MORE) You have to update bar and after that rear and sub.

PauluzNL
Pathfinder
Options

Great! Hopefully it gets localized around the globe soon.

0 Likes
Taekwonrooij
Pioneer
Options
Do you think 1008 is just the us version of of 1007? Or its actually coming the europe?
We still dont know if 1008 solved it i for sure, one guy who thought it worked only..
Do you dare to install the us version? You think it will work?
0 Likes
VP01
Journeyman
Options

Please let us know if Version 1008.0 and 0000 fix the issue. I have my soundbar going in for repair soon and if this update fixes it then great!

0 Likes
Zazadj81
Journeyman
Options

has anyone tried dolby atmos with Apple TV 4K with this soundbar? I have the n950 and in the atmos the rear speakers are very low, if imposed dolby 5.1 they sound great. With Xbox in dolby atmos the rear speakers have perfect volume.

0 Likes
sebastit
Apprentice
Options

for me the 1008 solved the issue of disconnects for now.

I bought and use the box in germany and the us fw works fine. I use the box with ATV4K and PS3.