Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HW-Q90R Disconnects!

(Topic created on: 17-06-2019 02:32 AM)
ShiroEd
Apprentice
Options

Took delivery of this brand new product on Saturday only to find I'm one of many reporting that it has a fundamental problem. 

It disconnects from the Sub and both Rear speakers when it's turned off. Power cycling the Sub and the Rears will reconnect them but this is unacceptable in a product costing £1500.

Samsung, please respond and let us know that you're aware of this (unbelievable if you're not) and what action is necessary to make this product function correctly. Either a firmware update or an acknowledgement that we might have a faulty batch and require replacements. 

See this link for how widespread this has already become: 

https://www.avforums.com/threads/samsung-hw-q90r-soundbar-review-comments.2231672/

Please  respond. 

0 Likes
432 REPLIES 432
Flashbugga
Journeyman
Options

Same Issue Here In Australia.

What boils my goat even more though, is that I contacted Samsung twice. They promised to have a solution & would call back within 24 hrs.
Two weeks later & still nothing from them.
I am disgusted that an outlay of near $2K has NO customer support & is a totally dysfunctional item that significantly does not perform as advertised.
I have now decided  to list this with consumer affairs here in AU

Zazadj81
Journeyman
Options

good morning, what do you advise me, wait to buy it or wait to see how they solve the problem of disconnection. because Samsung does not give the possibility to change the details through the app like Yamaha does, it would be easier than being there to fiddle with the remote control.

0 Likes
Break
Student
Options

Ok guys,

After calling french support they give me this solution:

power on your soundbar even if its not syncronised with sub and rear, push "+ and -" and wait to get "init" in the right of the bar then the soundbar shut off. (it reset the soundbar)

disconnect all the system from the power and reconnect in the order (Sub > Rear > soundbar)

power on try shuttof and try again and again .

For me work well now.

0 Likes
PauluzNL
Pathfinder
Options

Merci! I will try this tonight.

0 Likes
ts86
Apprentice
Options

I got my unit on Thursday. Same issues.  Contacted Samsung online support. They reset the unit but it only worked until i turned it off again.  Then no SW or rear speakers.   They said the unit needed to be "assessed" I said fine, make a time and come and look at it.  They say no way, you need to disconnect it all and bring it to us.  So I have a $2k "premium" product that won't work straight out of the box and they expect me to drive around the countryside to bring it to them to "assess" it.  I took it back to the retailer on Sunday.  They said it is a "known software issue". They have sold 6 units this week and 3 have been returned with the same problem.    I rang Samsung Australia Support yesterday and they denied having any knowledge of an issue with this product.  How can that be?  I can spend 30 seconds online and find a dozen or so forums where it is detailed globally as an issue.    Man up Samsung and admit there is an issue!!  Is there a number you can ring at Samsung for "level2" support that doesnt just put you through to a call centre? Surely someone at Samsung must know what is going on!

Flashbugga
Journeyman
Options

Same Issue Here Mate.
They said No Known Issues on my first call. On my second call I spoke to a rep named "Paul" who stated he would escalate it to higher support & I would get a callback the same day .... that was two weeks ago!
What part of Oz do you live in?  Im in Vic. Just wondewring if we unite, we could get something done aboutr this, as I dont feel it is our responsibility to deliver goods to them at our cost when they are releasing a shonky product

Flashbugga
Journeyman
Options
Don't Buy From Samsung - Bad Product & No Support
0 Likes
ts86
Apprentice
Options

just spent another 30 minues on the phone to Samsung.  Put on hold for 15 minutes then they hung up on me.  All i wanted to do was speak to someone that has some technical knowledge about the issue but somehow that creates a challenge for them.    They say they know nothing about the issue but in the same breath say that if the unit is taken to the service centre they have the technology to fix it.   I say how can you say they dont know about it  when it is being discussed on your website!!   They have promised that an escalation expert will call me today.  Let's see how that goes. My retailer is arranging a replacement unit but i really dont wantt the same issue again.   Do Samsung people monitor this forum?

0 Likes
JohnnyMnemonic
Student
Options

I'm experiencing the same problem too, had a chat with one of the customer support team, was told to bring the unit to the nearest service centre so that they can run a test on it. Which I think it probably wouldn't make much difference.  Firmware update maybe?

0 Likes
Zazadj81
Journeyman
Options

at this point I think it is convenient to postpone the purchase, I do not think it is convenient at the moment to focus on something that has a flaw, it's good that it is software but for a flagship product you have to solve them quickly. We will see how samsung will intend to do

0 Likes