Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hw-Q90R Bass makes a popping noise

(Topic created on: 06-10-2019 03:54 AM)
tindoe
Student
Options

I purchased a HW-Q90R wireless surround sound sound bar a couple months ago. Been working great except I notice that the past couple weeks the woofer has had a popping noise that will not go away, especially if there is a deep bass or if somebody is talking with a deep voice. I have tried adjusting the settings and it is tolerable if the bass is turned all the way down. I installed the smart things app and tried to update the firmware but it was already up to date. I am not sure what else to do?

105 REPLIES 105
Chico76
Explorer
Options
@OceanBretzke what did they say?

0 Likes
Chico76
Explorer
Options

@Vigetassj4 

count me in!

0 Likes
Vigetassj4
Apprentice
Options

As promised Ladies and Gents,

http://chng.it/5YHxpCVv8S

A Petition requesting Samsung Aknowledge and resolve this issue.

Please sign on board guys.

Any forums you've come across that also have problems with this bar, please get them to sign also.

Kind regards,

thank you all

Randell Sutton

@Chico76 

0 Likes
Darkie_73
Journeyman
Options

Signed the petition,

we have to spread it across the forums of the web.

On a positive note:

i successfully REDUCED the popping noises (they still come up sometimes but much more less frequently, unfortunately when they do it's always on a particular taxing bass heavy scene which will result in a total mess).

I ONLY HAD TO (PARDON THE CAPS BUT IT IS NECESSARY):

-change orientation to make the subwoofer fire towards the room (speaker pointing to)

-put isolation cores on each and every cable of the living room

-split 2.4 and 5 Ghz connection on the router

-connect the TV to the 2.4 Ghz network

-don't connect anything while watching TV

-move the router away

-repeat the pairing (after switching off soundbar/subwoofer/speakers from power outlets for 10 mins at least) time to time when popping rehappens magically

Mind you, everything of the above ONLY to get LESS FREQUENT poppings and crackles.

But a major and definitive fix is incoming for me, it's called Sennheiser Ambeo.

Enough with this s**t.

0 Likes
OceanBretzke
Explorer
Options

Basically they wanted me to send the subwoofer and sound bar into them to get looked at and tested.

But since its working fine now with our solution, I am hesitant to ship to them.  I figured with my luck, I would breakit trying to ship it.

V/r,

Jay

0 Likes
OceanBretzke
Explorer
Options

Signed...

Sennheiser Ambeo looks sexy!!!

0 Likes
skingg
Student
Options

@Darkie_73 wrote:

Signed the petition,

we have to spread it across the forums of the web.

On a positive note:

i successfully REDUCED the popping noises (they still come up sometimes but much more less frequently, unfortunately when they do it's always on a particular taxing bass heavy scene which will result in a total mess).

I ONLY HAD TO (PARDON THE CAPS BUT IT IS NECESSARY):

-change orientation to make the subwoofer fire towards the room (speaker pointing to)

-put isolation cores on each and every cable of the living room

-split 2.4 and 5 Ghz connection on the router

-connect the TV to the 2.4 Ghz network

-don't connect anything while watching TV

-move the router away

-repeat the pairing (after switching off soundbar/subwoofer/speakers from power outlets for 10 mins at least) time to time when popping rehappens magically

Mind you, everything of the above ONLY to get LESS FREQUENT poppings and crackles.

But a major and definitive fix is incoming for me, it's called Sennheiser Ambeo.

Enough with this s**t.

With my isolated issue (random crackle from the soundbar) and only 2.4Ghz wi-fi connection at home (which is different from the same ones you guys are having with the pops from the sub-woofer and 5Ghz connection) I've manage to go 3 days without any crackle from the soundbar. What I did was set and fix my channel frequency to channel 11, move both my phones a couple of feet further from my soundbar and always power on the speakers in the same way from the instructions manual: subs > rears > soundbar. 

I've tried setting my wi-fi to channel 6 however when I fired up the PS4 console, the PS4's wireless (which cannot be disabled without disabling it together with the wired connectivity) is automatically locked to channel 6 thus causing intereference and causing random crackles off the soundbar quite abit.

Although I understand that the soundbar is connected in the 5Ghz range with both the sub-woofer and rear speakers and that 2.4Ghz frequence range cross-over inteference should have been a non-issue, then again my home only has a 2.4Ghz wireless connection and my soundbar is connected to it as are my phones. Still, this is an uncommon issue but whoever reads this and have the same issue as I did, its probably worth a try.

0 Likes
Gil80
Pioneer
Options
Can we have a petition to put:
Room correction.
More control over the speakers volume by separating them.
Increase rear speakers volume range.
Add more music services like Spotify.

This is the last Samsung product I’m ever buying.
Lukdn
Apprentice
Options

You're the real MVP! 
I have been testing solutions for a week, and was at the point of even recording my findings for YouTube (more to come)

As stated, I cannot disable the 2.4ghz band due to necessary  equipment in home that only functions on this frequency 

Whilst testing, I disabled the 5ghz band on my router, paired my IPhone, Samsung MU7000 tv and Q90R to 2.4ghz and would play a bass test on YouTube 

I played it over and over for 30mins without issue

During this process, I would run a speed test on my iPhone so it would use another frequency close to the setup

Again, without issue

Next I reactivated the 5ghz band on the router and did not change any part of the setup

ran another 30mins without issue

I then switched my iPhone over the 5ghz

I noticed, whilst running the bass test, as soon as I ran a speed test from my mobile, the popping/cracking interference would start ( 5ghz problem confirmed )

To resolves, I followed your instructions and set the 5ghz band to 20mhz and channel 48

My revised setup is now my TV is running on 5ghz, Q90R 2.4ghz and iphone 5ghz ( 5ghz only because it is faster in my house )

I have run the test above under this new configuration and happy to report there is now zero popping/cracking interference

0 Likes
Bachelor
First Poster
Options

Hey guys. I have some random crackling happening and I'm pretty sure it comes from the soundbar itself and not the subwoofer. There's no pattern to it, it happens completely random while watching in for example the Netflix app on the TV, like in the middle of a normal conversation between two people. I had it on service and they changed the main board. They also say it's tested to be okay. This did unfortunately not change anything. It still happens. Is this also a known issue and is there a known fix? I really wanna get it fixed because I LOVE the soundbar apart from that.

0 Likes