Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hw-Q90R Bass makes a popping noise

(Topic created on: 06-10-2019 03:54 AM)
tindoe
Student
Options

I purchased a HW-Q90R wireless surround sound sound bar a couple months ago. Been working great except I notice that the past couple weeks the woofer has had a popping noise that will not go away, especially if there is a deep bass or if somebody is talking with a deep voice. I have tried adjusting the settings and it is tolerable if the bass is turned all the way down. I installed the smart things app and tried to update the firmware but it was already up to date. I am not sure what else to do?

105 REPLIES 105
skingg
Student
Options

Does anyone of your soundbar main unit make a crackle/pop noise instead of the sub-woofer?

0 Likes
Lukdn
Apprentice
Options

No, only the sub ( in the case of the Q90R, and the N950 I had prior )

I am still without issue, running 2.4ghz from my router ( which is approximately 6m away behind a thick gyprock wall )

I have not yet changed the settings of the router, only switched off 5ghz

Will let you guys knows if it reverts back to its old ways, but so far so good ( which is subjective )

0 Likes
skingg
Student
Options

@Lukdn wrote:

I am still without issue, running 2.4ghz from my router ( which is approximately 6m away behind a thick gyprock wall )

Will let you guys knows if it reverts back to its old ways, but so far so good ( which is subjective )

My 2.4ghz model router is only 1.5 feet away from my soundbar with my TV in between. I wonder if this played a role with my bar getting interference. 

0 Likes
Darkie_73
Journeyman
Options
@Lukdn wrote:

I tried switching off altogether the WIFI network and removing phisically all, but still the sub pops and bangs like mad.

I tried to separate 5ghz and 2.4 ghz and connecting the TV to 2.4 ghz but still the sub pops and bangs like mad.

I switched off all the wifi connections and signal repeaters of my neighbours but still the sub pops and bangs like mad.

I'm on the verge of throwing all away and spend the rest of my life giving advice to all mankind  to avoid like the plague Samsung.

0 Likes
Darkie_73
Journeyman
Options

I switched off the entire WIFI network and phisically removing it altogether but still the sub won't work.

At the first instance of the slightest heavy bass it goes pops galore.

I plugged in the old 2.4 Ghz only router, same result.

Sony would let you choose pairing frequency on their 2+ year old HTS5000 (never used that option, it worked flawlessly),

here the flagship soundbar is plagued by something that affects in a different manner on a per case basis hundreds of users.

0 Likes
Darkie_73
Journeyman
Options

@Lcw6612 wrote:

Hi Darkie_73,

Actually where u put ur subwoofer? Next to soundbar or next to ur sofa? 

It's actually next to the soundbar, less than 1 mt away. Very close.

0 Likes
Lcw6612
Explorer
Options
Hi Darkie_73,

Have you read article below?

https://www.helpdesk.nakamichi-usa.com/subwoofer-audio-distortion

Actually my soundbar been solved, no more rumble sound from subwoofer after set my router as per above link.

I had disabled 2.4 Ghz network, only enable 5 GHz. All my electronic devices connected to 5 GHz network only. In my router setting, some of the option default setting was "Auto", i think you try to remove those "Auto" and choose inside one of the option, like 5 GHz, better use (N/AC mixed), bandwidth set as 20Mhz, then channel set as 48.

If this still not work for ur soundbar. I think u need to contact samsung.

OceanBretzke
Explorer
Options
I moved my subwoofer to the opposite side of my room say 10ft away. My reasoning to avoid any potential interference
0 Likes
OceanBretzke
Explorer
Options

I only had issues with the subwoofer 

0 Likes
OceanBretzke
Explorer
Options

Mine is still working like a champ.

i am not sure if it will up but I did call Samsung Customer Service and explained how we determine the issue and the fix. 

0 Likes