Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hw-Q90R Bass makes a popping noise

(Topic created on: 06-10-2019 03:54 AM)
tindoe
Student
Options

I purchased a HW-Q90R wireless surround sound sound bar a couple months ago. Been working great except I notice that the past couple weeks the woofer has had a popping noise that will not go away, especially if there is a deep bass or if somebody is talking with a deep voice. I have tried adjusting the settings and it is tolerable if the bass is turned all the way down. I installed the smart things app and tried to update the firmware but it was already up to date. I am not sure what else to do?

105 REPLIES 105
OceanBretzke
Explorer
Options

Did you try and move the subwoofer, validate its firmware, look for any other interference?

If none of that work, I would contact Samsung for warrenty service.  I also set that up for mine but like I said, mine is working now so I am hestitnat sending it into them.  MY warrenty is good until november.  So I am goign to wait it out a few months and few is thte ruddle sh]ound come back.

0 Likes
OceanBretzke
Explorer
Options
Agreed and good catch. But I still think my issue was either the combined WIFI and interference or the HDMI cable itself. Watched two movies yesterday and it sounded amazing. Love ATMOS
0 Likes
Lcw6612
Explorer
Options

I think I need to contact Samsung technical and ask them come and listen the subwoofer rumble sound. Thanks for your all suggestions. 

0 Likes
Chico76
Explorer
Options
That’s really cool.
0 Likes
Chico76
Explorer
Options

Bang on the money for explanation. 

Chico76
Explorer
Options

@LCW6612

it doesn't matter if you hook your sound bar or tv to 2.4ghz this will still happen. This is because if there is anything on the 5ghz causing traffic around the bar, it will create the piping sounds. 

for example. I have a google router and mesh point. The way google works is switch back in forth between 2.4 and 5ghz. You can't seperated as you can with normal router. I have ***** down my 5ghz on my provider router to minimize traffic. My mesh point when I want to use the bar, I turn it off as is next to it to minimize the traffic. All my tv, PS4 and Mac mini are using wired conection so I don't use wifi and again minimize traffic around sound bar. When I turn off the google mesh and watch a tv or videos sound is amazing no poping ***** lol. But yesterday my wife, started using her phone near the bar while I  was watching videos. Guess what? It all started again. So I asked her if she was on the wifi, and she was. So I got her to turn her wifi off and guess what, pooping went away. So this double confirms is a wifi traffic on 5ghz that makes this happen to the sub. 

freaking Samsung better fix this or next time, I will switch to another brand for TV and stereo. There is a lot of people left in the dark about this. Very shameful and bad business dessision on their behalf.

Lcw6612
Explorer
Options

Hi Chico76 and OceanBretzke,

I managed to dig an article, you can try to set ur router. My router is ASUS brand, and I had set my 5GHz with frequency channel to 48. Original setting was Auto. Then I had tried few times today, seems like it worked, my subwoofer no popping sound till now.. I will monitor few days and update you all again.

https://www.helpdesk.nakamichi-usa.com/subwoofer-audio-distortion

OceanBretzke
Explorer
Options

Awesome link. Thank you 

0 Likes
bazeon
Student
Options

Thank you much for the Link.

i have tried changing the 5ghz router channel to 48 and kept channel width to 20mhz.

tested the sounbar.

Confriming on initial tests that the popping sound from rear speakers has gone.

Thanks again   and  

Lcw6612
Explorer
Options

Hi bazeo,

Ya finally. My subwoofer no more pop sound. Been tested 2 days. Should be ok alr. 

I also set my router channel width to 20mhz with 48 frequency channel.