Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hw-Q90R Bass makes a popping noise

(Topic created on: 06-10-2019 03:54 AM)
tindoe
Student
Options

I purchased a HW-Q90R wireless surround sound sound bar a couple months ago. Been working great except I notice that the past couple weeks the woofer has had a popping noise that will not go away, especially if there is a deep bass or if somebody is talking with a deep voice. I have tried adjusting the settings and it is tolerable if the bass is turned all the way down. I installed the smart things app and tried to update the firmware but it was already up to date. I am not sure what else to do?

105 REPLIES 105
Shayed1Nupe
Student
Options
wonder if im experiencing the same with my velop system. Thanks going to give this a try.
0 Likes
Ellis04
Student
Options

Hey guys, I meet the same problem. I just bought HW-Q80R soundbar days ago, and I always can hear some noticeable random crackle sounds from the soundbar itself, not the subwoofer.
I read the entire thread found some guys have the same problem as I do and change my 5G wifi to 48channel and 20m bandwidth, but no uses at all.
I hope Samsung releases a new firmware as soon as possible.

0 Likes
Dan447
First Poster
Options

When updating the firmware on the subwoofer and rear speakers (after the soundbar has already been updated), do you still need the USB drive with the firmware update to be plugged into the soundbar?  Or does the new software for the subwoofer and rear speakers get stored in the soundbar and the USB drive is no longer needed?

0 Likes
bazeon
Student
Options

Hi folks

Previously I had set my router 5ghz channel to 48 to eliminate crackling sound, worked for a while but it had come back.i live in a apparment so wifi interference is expected

Later I used a wifi analyser to figure out which channel is congested and which is free and had set my router 5ghz channel to which is free keeping the 20 mhz as it is .

So far no issues.

Give it a try.Wifi analyser is available for windows android and mac

Afro1
First Poster
Options

Hi, l had the same problem and it was driving me crazy. My fix that worked was to have my internet service provider send me another modem that would connect at 5.0g  same as the q90r soundbar and BINGO problem solved. Good luck!

0 Likes
churritin01
First Poster
Options
  • Thanks so much, that's fix the issues with my soundbar Q90R today 04/02/2024, subwoofer pairing issues
0 Likes