Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-Q90R 1010.5 sub too loud

(Topic created on: 01-12-2020 11:49 AM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Hi,

May be its not linked to this firmware however while trying to calibrate the soundbar the sub and the rear with spl meter and atmos test tone, I realize the sub is too loud. When all the system is around 55db(c) the sub is around 63db(c) and the setting for the sub is already at -12.

The soundbar is near the sub 2m from me and I have no idea how to make it less louder.

Anyone with similar problem?

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
Syrixiya
Journeyman
Options

Are you using the 9.1.6 or 7.1.4 test tone from Dolby by any chance? If so that is known to be a bit bugged and running about 10db too high on the subwoofer.  The more accurate one is the 5.1.4 tones.

I feel when it comes to subwoofer levels you are best setting it to your personal preference and room acoustics.  Even with the 5.1.4 tone mentioned above, my meter had me putting it in the +3 to +6 range which to my ears is too overwhelming and bought attention to itself so it didn't sound well integrated.

You will often find people recommend listening to music and set it where you just hear the bass start to get filled in nicely (aka the 'by ear' method).  Mine is set to -5 and I feel that it is well integrated.  As mentioned it's really personal choice though.

Best of luck.

0 Likes