Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-Q80R no sound after update firmware 1010.5

(Topic created on: 25-09-2020 09:44 AM)
fragile04
Student
Options

Hi everyone 

I have a Hisense A7100F (doesn't have E-ARC) originally Linked by HDMI ARC to the sound bar HW-Q80R

Until the firmware update everything worked well Now :
** The normal link via hdmi arc doesn't work - no sound on soundbar and Tv at all **
After update (1010.5 (update by smarttihing app)) I found issue  HDMI ARC not working no sound ,
Everything else is working (connectingTV by optical cable, and connecting other sounds via Bluetooth), but not the connexion via HDMI ARC. 
but  signal on tv is normal setting Soundout ARC > PCM   ( I trying on my old soundbar K450 is normal  ) 
         When i use the volume button on my remote, my sound system acknowledges the volume change, so the connection seems fine.

I tried:

1. Resetting the sound bar ( Select output hdmi 1 and hold soundmode buttom 15s , hold setting buttom 15s - no change

2. I linked the tv and sound bar up with a optical cable. Sound is works , But it don't have dolby atmos

3. Factory reset TV - Not work

4. Change HDMI cable to 2.1 cable - not work 

Details firmware 

HW-Q80R
M -  0128.0 

B -  1010.5

H -  0051.0 

FD -  0040.0 

W -  0033.0 

S - 0033.0

Any suggestions? Please help !! 

I appreciate all the help you can offer, thanqs you very much in advance and sorry for the bad english

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
dtbrown
Apprentice
Options

Hi,  So I think the same thing happened to my Q80R as well with the eARC update.   Did you find a solution?   I've tried everything and can't get it to connect to wifi, BT or anything. 

0 Likes