Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-Q70T Soundbar - Which wireless rear speakers?

(Topic created on: 19-09-2021 07:04 PM)
TJ_Paints_and_Games
Journeyman
Options

Hello there,

Looking to expand my setup with the wireless rear speakers to go with my HW-Q70T.

Previously you would get the SWA-S9000S, but as they aren't available would it be the SWA-S9100S?

I'm only asking, as the US site does state they are compatible, but on the UK site someone said it wasn't compatible with the HW-Q70T. Of course they could just be struggling to pair them, so I just wanted to check.

Cheers!

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
TJ_Paints_and_Games
Journeyman
Options
For anyone looking this up, I just decided to go with it. The answer was, Yes, the SWA-9100S is compatible with the HW-Q70T and above soundbars as per the US website.

No thanks to Samsung UK support, or really Samsung US support, who clearly just looked at the online product page for their region (UK said no, US said yes).

Thanks to a few posts on AV forum with people who had already tried it and confirmed it, this made me give it a go, and success!
RichieG
Apprentice
Options

Thank you so much for this review, I too was trying to purchase rear speakers for my Q70T Soundbar and was told via the site to get the SWA-9000S model which isn't even on sale anymore. I wanted to get an alternative which you would think SWA-9100S would be it but as it doesn't list Q70T on the compatibility list of soundbars you are reluctant to order it. Even the customer services at Samsung told me I couldn't use SWA-9100S and I should stick to the SWA-9000S model.

TJ_Paints_and_Games
Journeyman
Options
Exactly the same as me! Clearly they don't bother with Backwards Compatibility!
0 Likes
RichieG
Apprentice
Options

On another note did you get speaker stands or did you attach the speakers to the wall? I ordered the speakers for delivery tomorrow and will probably set it up over the weekend.

0 Likes
TJ_Paints_and_Games
Journeyman
Options
For the moment I got the Mahara Speaker Stands from Amazon, but will probably wall mount them at some point. Was a bit tricky getting the wire to bend in the tubes but was fine in the end.
Members_HhsIR6n
Student
Options

Hi, I've got a Samsung HW-Q60T soundbar, would you know if the SWA-9100S and SWA 9000s soeakers are compatible. 

Thanks 

Leighton

0 Likes
RichieG
Apprentice
Options

I'm not sure about the Samsung HW-Q60T as my soundbar is Samsung HW-Q70T. Have a look in the US forum as they seem to be a bit more clued up than the UK one when it comes to compatability 

0 Likes
Members_HhsIR6n
Student
Options

Thanks for the reply, it's a minefield. I've got SWA-9500S at the moment and I can't get them to pair. I might need to get a firmware update, bur I'm struggling doing that.

Thanks again

Leighton 

0 Likes
Dibasta1
First Poster
Options

Hello,

is the swa - 9100s good and compatible with the soundbar HW-Q70T ?????

0 Likes