Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-Q70R Soundbar Sound muted

(Topic created on: 22-03-2020 12:21 PM)
Helveticus99
Explorer
Options

Hello

I have a Samsung HW-Q70R soundbar, which is connected by HDMI Arc to a Samsung Q85R TV .

After a certain time (mostly around 1h) the soundbar is suddenly muted, that means no audio from the TV is played. If I switch to the TV speakers and back to the soundbar it works again. The soundbar is not turned off, just no sound is played anymore.

How can this be resolved?

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18
Helveticus99
Explorer
Options

Do you have any suggestions? By the way, I tested it again and when connected by Bluetooth the problem does not appear. It only appears while connected by HDMI Arc.

0 Likes
twice
First Poster
Options
I'm also experiencing a number of issues with the sound bar - similar issue via Arc no sound no being produced. The Smart Things app has been updated recently and I can't find any support for the sound bar. Whilst this may or may not be an issue for you - I made the mistake of resetting the sound bar Wi-fi and can't get the app to recognise the sound bar.
0 Likes
Helveticus99
Explorer
Options
Is there a solution to the problem? Using Bluetooth connection is stable but not for HDMI Arc. Perhaps the cable could be the problem but it is not cheap to replace, so I would not do it in first place. I could also reset Soundbar and TV but then settings are lost. I have also connected a cable TV receiver to TV and read that this could be the problem but the receiver works fine.
0 Likes
PTLondon
First Poster
Options

I also have the same issue. Soundbar Q70R (bought a month ago) connected via HDMI and sound just stops.

I have to swith to TV speaker then back to sound bar. Sometimes several times.

Both TV and soundbar update with latest firmware/software.

Please advise.

Thanks

0 Likes
Riky78
Apprentice
Options

I have the same problem.

tv and soundbar bought 4 days ago.

0 Likes
Riky78
Apprentice
Options

samsung could answer the technical question?

0 Likes
Albason
First Poster
Options

Hi,  I have the same issue with HW-Q70R randomly going into mute but only started after I added a SWA 8500S rear speaker set?

0 Likes
KQDung
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue with my Q70R going to mute after about 1 hour. Each time, I had to turn it off and then back on. Have anyone found out any solutions yet?

0 Likes
Nbrew
First Poster
Options

I have the Q70t and am having the exact same problem. Every time a new episode begins on a streaming service, the sound is super muffled. If I turn off the soundbar and turn it back on the sound goes back to normal, but I don't think my virtual surround is working anymore. I bought a new HDMI cable and am hoping once I replace the one that came with the soundbar, it'll be better. Both my soundbar and TV are fully updated.

0 Likes