Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-Q70R Soundbar Sound muted

(Topic created on: 22-03-2020 09:44 PM)
Helveticus99
Explorer
Options

Hello

I have a Samsung HW-Q70R soundbar, which is connected by HDMI Arc to a Samsung Q85R TV .

After a certain time (mostly around 1h) the soundbar is suddenly muted, that means no audio from the TV is played. If I switch to the TV speakers and back to the soundbar it works again. The soundbar is not turned off, just no sound is played anymore.

How can this be resolved?

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18
CarlH
Options

Hi @Helveticus99. Is the software on your TV and soundbar up to date? 

0 Likes
Helveticus99
Explorer
Options

Hi Carl

Thanks for your answer. How can I update the software on the TV and on the soundbar? Both are connected to the internet.

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Press Settings on your remote and go to Support > Software Update > Update now for your TV. To update your soundbar, you can either do so by USB or using the SmartThings app on your phone. Let me know how you get on. 

0 Likes
Helveticus99
Explorer
Options

Dear Carl

Thanks for the instructions. My TV was already up to date. My soundbar was not up to date. I have updated it now. I will report if the problem still appears next week.

In the meantime, usually I use my soundbar in adaptive sound or surround mode for TV and movies. Which one is the better one to use?

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

It's all down to personal preference really. I don't have a soundbar (I don't even have a TV!) so it depends on the connection you have and what you're watching. 

0 Likes
Helveticus99
Explorer
Options

Hi Carl

I was wrong, there was no new update for the soundbar. The soundbar was up to date.

Should I perhaps reset the TV or the soundbar?

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Morning @Helveticus99. Can you check if the issue persists when connecting with Bluetooth or optical cable  (if you have one)?

0 Likes
Helveticus99
Explorer
Options

I can connect the soundbar by bluetooth (already paired). I will test it next time I have a longer TV session. :winking-face:

Do you think that the HDMI arc plug is broken? Will the soundbar also automatically start together with the TV when connected by Bluetooth or optical cable?

0 Likes
Helveticus99
Explorer
Options

I have tried now first with HDMI arc and after around 30min the same problem appeared again. Then I switched to Bluetooth and there was no problem at all. Do you know why?

By the way, in the beginning we did not have these issues. They appeared after around 1-2 month (we have the soundbar since beginning of the year).

0 Likes