Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-Q70R soundbar & Q60R tv audio out of sync

(Topic created on: 22-12-2019 05:37 PM)
Paulydee
Apprentice
Options

Bought this bundle of tv + soundbar expecting them to work together perfectly. Audio through the tv speakers is fine, but when through the soundbar the audio is delayed from the pictures. I’ve tried optical cable, hdmi and WiFi connections between them, and all suffer the same issue. None of the sync adjustments on either the tv or soundbar resolve it - they only delay the sound further, where I need to delay the pictures. I’ve tried hard reset on both devices, software updates. Any other suggestions? 

12 REPLIES 12
Paulydee
Apprentice
Options

Update: a bit more poking around on my Sky Q box and it appears the issue only occurs on channels with Dolby Digital / Dolby Digital+ audio.

0 Likes
Bentzi
Student
Options

I'm having the exact same issue with this soundbar and my Q80R TV. Only happens when settings on my cable box or game consoles are set to DD.

I tried a factory reset on the TV which didn't do anything. Not sure how to even reset the soundbar (and if that will even help)

0 Likes
Paulydee
Apprentice
Options

After digging around some more, i confirmed the issue was with the original source device (in my case, the Sky satellite box), not the soundbar. It also only occurred on some channels - i guess only those that boradcast in DD. Searching a few forums identified a variety of TV / soundbar combinations of different makes & models, with the common component being the Sky box. I've also confirmed that using DVD and streaming directly from the TV have no sync issues.

Consensus from my searching was that the problem device manufacturer needs to up their game with DD audio, so that it synchronises correctly with the visual.

For now, i've just set my Sky box audio-out to normal and revised my expectations for content from that device. i'm still delighted with the TV & soundbar - it can only work as well as the devices connected to it.

CactusUK
Student
Options
I thought it was just me! Have issues too with SkyQ lip sync when it’s set to DD or DD+ it is at least -100ms out through the Arc output. Sky Q need to fix this.

I’ve experienced similar issue through Netflix (app on Samsung tv). Not got to the bottom of this one yet!
0 Likes
me83
Explorer
Options

Apologies for bumping a few-month old thread but I'm also having this issue.

One thing that jumps out at me is your claim that this is a Sky Q problem because I don't believe that is correct. The reason being that I use a Q90R QLED and a Q70 soundbar with Virgin Media and I have exactly the same problem. It's most certainly not an isolated issue with Sky hardware.

These soundbars work perfectly well with streamed content but they fall down massively with linear-based DD content. So much so that the only real resolution, for me at least, is to use PCM mode instead of DD as the sync issues are removed.

0 Likes
Iceman32580
First Poster
Options

@Paulydee wrote:

Bought this bundle of tv + soundbar expecting them to work together perfectly. Audio through the tv speakers is fine, but when through the soundbar the audio is delayed from the pictures. I’ve tried optical cable, hdmi and WiFi connections between them, and all suffer the same issue. None of the sync adjustments on either the tv or soundbar resolve it - they only delay the sound further, where I need to delay the pictures. I’ve tried hard reset on both devices, software updates. Any other suggestions? 

I'm not a tech guy so if anyone has suggestions please dumb it down, but I'm having this horribly sync issue that just started and I cannot do anything to shake it. It just started and the issue is exactly what @Paulydee wrote; no matter how I connect to the sound bar there is a horrible lip sync issue, but it's fine when I switch to Tv speakers. I didn't spend all this money for it NOT  to work. Can anyone help?

CactusUK
Student
Options

I'm so annoyed by it this too! also I didn't get the Cashback for the sound bar because I purchased them through two different suppliers.

I've spent hours on this.  I've pinned it down to the rubbish ARC connection on HDMI port 4.  The ARC is supposed to just pass-through the signal and the audio but it does something to it, hence the delay.  If I can give this setup back after battling for months I would. 

The only way for me to solve this was to put Sky Q through the "HDMI IN" port on the Soundbar.  Which is annoying because every time I want to play the box, I have to swap that cable out as I only have one port! This is so I can get Atmos through the Xbox and Dolby through the Sky HD without the lip-sync issue.

Then it's annoying, because you then have 3 different remotes to be able to switch all that is required, input selection, Game mode and then finally Output selection on the sound bar .... So annoyed..:serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth: 

0 Likes
Paulydee
Apprentice
Options

My solution - turn off Dolby digital audio. When I changed the audio setting on the sky box back to standard it was very nearly perfect. Still a very slight lag, but only noticeable when audio was through both the tv speakers and the soundbar at the same time. A bit disappointing that the whole setup couldn't deliver full Dolby DTS but I've got over that now

0 Likes
D3leVv
Student
Options

The only way to remove the delay for me is to switch to bluetooth connection, but thay degrade the quality.

0 Likes