Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-Q60T - Alexa compatible?

(Topic created on: 01-12-2020 11:25 AM)
Mogle
Explorer
Options

I just purchased a new TV Samsung Q60T QLED 43" with soundbar HW-Q60T. Sort of impressed but I got a few technical issues. I purchased this specific TV and Soundbar due to two simple reasons:

a) Wife got a love for Samsung products. Sorry I am not in that category.

b) It claimed to be Alexa compatible.

With Alexa compatibility I expected to be able to connect the soundbar the Alexa Echo unit I got installed where the TV is located. My thinking was to use the soundbar as a connected speaker for the Echo unit. According to Amazon and Echo that is possible. My Alexa will not pair with soundbar. I can pair my iPhone, laptop. But the soundbar will not pair with the Alex Echo. Can someone advice?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Mogle
Explorer
Options

Placed a call to Samsung support - they were unable to help or advice. Samsung claims to be Alexa Compatible - there are even adverts claiming that on this website. 

Did a firmware update on the soundbar. No difference. The Alexa interface is not working. Samsung Support more or less useless.

LORONMANNING12
First Poster
Options

Did you ever get it to work?

0 Likes
Mogle
Explorer
Options

Nope! In the Alexa app it is possible to pair the sound with a Bluetooth speaker or external soundbar. Alexa is not able to recognise the soundbar. I can pair my iPhone, laptop but not Alexa.

After I installed the firmware update for the soundbar, my wife started complaining of the sound. She was not aware that I had made the update. Now I got this simply awful sound some of you have reported. Seriously thinking of returning both the TV and the soundbar. It is not delivering what is promised. 

0 Likes