Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-Q60R

(Topic created on: 05-06-2019 08:33 PM)
happy123
Explorer
Options

Hi could someone on the community give me some advice if at all possible I have just purchased the HW-Q60R Soundbar to match the HW-Q60R TV and would like to know what rear surround sound speakers would possibly work to make my setup complete as the soundbar is a great product in my view but just like to finish it off with a nice set of rear speakers  to make it sound real so if any kind person can give me some advice on this matter I would be very grateful and it would be very much appreciated many thanks in advance Nick

0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24
cella80
First Poster
Options
@happy123 I GOT IT. I had to reset the ID on the back of the receiver for the SWA-9000s in order for it to connect to my Q60 soundbar. Thats crazy because I was on a chat with Samsung and the INSISTED that the SWA-9000s would NOT work with my soundbar.
0 Likes
happy123
Explorer
Options

Hi, cella80 Samsung told me exactly the same and I'm very glad you did not listen to Samsung because I had a feeling they did not know what worked and what did work but I thought if they recommend the SWA-8500s then surely the SWA-9000s would work so I purchased the SWA-9000s and my Mrs went up the wall because like she said if they recommend the SWA-8500s why did I spend over £150.00 to try a set of speakers that Samsung did not recommend so I'm glad they did or I think I would be in the dog house for weeks  LOL

0 Likes
cella80
First Poster
Options

Yeah I asked Samsung what the difference was between the two and he replies "the 8500 will work for your soundbar but not the 9000s" lol... so I repeated my question lol. They're essentially the same thing with sliiight difference in size (like .3" or so) and I think the wattage is a bit higher too. I was very happy once i figured out the ID reset cause I found this set for $60 lol

0 Likes
happy123
Explorer
Options

Hi, cellar thank you for the info may I ask what the ID reset cause is as I have never heard of that before or I missed something also these SWA-9000s also work with an LG 4K t.v as my Samsung Q60R had to have a new screen fitted and my brother let me borrow his spare LG t.v until mine got fixed which I was very impressed with how quick it was fixed at home as well 

0 Likes
cella80
First Poster
Options

Hey. Yeah, so when I bought the SWA-9000s they were used. The instructions show a troubleshooting tip that requires resetting the "ID" on the receiver. There is a little button on the back that you press and it will erase any sor of ID Tag that was assigned to it when you initally pair it to your soundbar. Im guessing since the person who owned it before me never reset it so when I went to pair my soundbar it didnt recognize the ID that was assigne to my soundbar. 

Im guessing its like a signal id that your soundbar gives to that reciever that the rear speakers plug into. 

0 Likes