Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-Q60B/ZA sound bar and UN65MU9000 TV- no sound / no volume control

(Topic created on: 12-11-2022 05:14 PM)
LHnTX
Apprentice
Options

I connected HW-Q60B/ZA soundbar to Samsung UN65MU9000 TV.  The soundbar worked for one day.  Now no sound. Soundbar says tv arc.  Volume up/down works with cable and tv remote and shows on screen, but no sound.  On/Off button on soundbar AND the remote do not function. Mute button on soundbar remote does not appear to function either.  TV is set to HDMI Any+. I've tried turning that on/off but no diff. I tried the power off suggestion and now I get sound, but I cannot change the volume with my cable remote, TV remote OR the soundbar remote.  On screen display says "soundbar" when volume button pushed on TV and Cable remote, but no affect to actual sound and no onscreen display with soundbar remote.    Soundbar remote still does not work for on/off, volume up/down or mute. 

8 REPLIES 8
chrisbrown1
First Poster
Options

I have had similar issues with the same sound bar QN90B 55 inch tv. Returned the first one and second one worked fine for a few hours, then lost sound. Inexplicably got it back the next day only to lose it again. Tried all the things including chat with samsung support. Advice from Samsung was to turn it off and on which doesn't seem to be working and with frequency of the issue doesn't seem to be a fix. I'll return this one shortly unless samsung can give a more concrete fix.

Step91
First Poster
Options

Any update? I have exactly the same problem with my HW-Q60B, I have tried every single fixup, I have updated the FW and factory reset it. Nothing seems to work

LHnTX
Apprentice
Options

I returned it to Best Buy and they sent me a new one.  I've not had any problems with the replacement unit. 

0 Likes
Tony D
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same problem.  I have the soundbar connected to a Samsung QN65Q7 TV.  The soundbar worked for 1 day, then no sound.  I spent time on the phone with samsung support but they couldn't resolve the issue.  Now I'm waiting for someone to come and pick up the unit and ship it to Samsung for trouble shooting and repairs.  What a pain.  

0 Likes
LHnTX
Apprentice
Options

If you did not buy it that long ago, then I would attempt to return it to where you bought it.  

0 Likes
ARLS
First Poster
Options

I had the exact same issue. Had Samsung on the line and they thought it was my tv until they asked me to connect my phone to the soundbar with BT. It connected but didn’t play any sound and that is when they informed me it either had to be repaired or returned to the company I bought it at. Decided not to take my chances and returned it.

I did a check online for reviews and found that the majority experiencing the EXACT same issue were out of the US. I think it is probably just a faulty line from Samsung and it’s ridiculous they aren’t doing a recall. If anything they should upgrade customers who have forked out 250+ eur (depending where you bought it/discount) for a faulty device. Absolutely ridiculous. I’ve left a bad review on the local Samsung site but they haven’t bothered contacting me. Feel sorry for others experiencing this, I hope they can see this before buying!!!

OlivierS
Student
Options

Same issue.

hw-q60b associated with samsung TV QE55QN95BATXXC

Today I have updated the soundbar with Firmware 1014.

no issue for 2 hours.

pray for me 😕

0 Likes
J C
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem since this morning. Suddenly there was no sound coming from the soundbar. A week old Samsung HW-Q60B soundbar combined with a Samsung QLED Neo 55QN85A TV. I replaced it with two extra different HDMI cables, all via eArc. I changed the settings by selecting AV soundbar only, AV soundbar+TV (Q-Symphony TV sound only audible). I connected my TV, laptop, tablet and smartphone via bluetooth but all no sound. I changed several settings (HDMI-CEC, Dolby Atmos on/off, digital output, HDMI-eARC mode). I have also changed and reset some apps and all TV and sound bar to default settings. I performed a firmware update for the Samsung HW-Q60B just to be sure. All troubleshooting steps involved hard/soft resets (TV, soundbar, Apps) and several reboots. Nothing worked and I conclude it must be due to the HW-Q60B soundbar.

I've been reading a lot of stories about this problem lately.

This product is of unacceptable quality.

I intend to return this product to propose a replacement to the seller when I get home later.

0 Likes