Did you mean: 

Original topic:

HW-N950 Woes

(Topic created on: 22-11-2019 09:58 PM)
banjax
First Poster
Options
Audio & Video

So I've had the n950 for a couple of months now and am having a few real issues.

It's linked via HDMI 2.0 to a LG OLED65E8PLA.  Sources are the TV itself, Apple TV 4k, Sky Q and Panasonic UB 9000 UHD player all connected direct to the TV.

The room is 16 1/2 foot square with the TV on one side and the Speakers on the other. 

1) It frequently loses connection using TV ARC.  Generally, I can turn Anynet + off and on but sometimes only a power cycle seems to cure it.

2) It also frequently loses auto power so I've got to also reset that.

3) I had a Sonos amp connected via optical but that seemed to make issue 1 worse.  I think may have read somewhere that this isn't an intended use so I can't have multiple devices running at the same time.

4) The rear speakers (Not checked the sub) are a bit like Jack the Ripper.  They occasionally appear out of the fog of silence, kick into life briefly and are really notable but generally, you hear hide nor hair from them.  I do live in a block in central London which I'm sure does have a reasonable level of interference.

When it's all working its' fab....Dolby vision, ATMOS going lovely but at the moment I'm at the point that I'm thinking that this was a complete mistake and I should have gone for the SONOS, not atmos, solution.  In fact, I far get better performance out of the Bean/Sonos 1 pair solution I have in the study.

Any suggestions to troubleshoot/resolve the issues gratefully received.  

I would be grateful for any suggestions that anybody has because I'm pulling my hair out.  

60 REPLIES 60
smuller76
Explorer
Options
Audio & Video
Does anyone know if you can add a 2nd subwoofer and surround speakers to this set? If so, will this automatically pair with the soundbar as well?
0 Likes