Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-N950 eARC update

(Topic created on: 31-07-2020 08:51 AM)
Rt789
First Poster
Options

When can we expect an eARC update for the N950 Soundbar.

A review of the N850 back in February advised this was being worked on ?

https://www.trustedreviews.com/reviews/samsung-hw-n850

‘At the time of review, the N850 only supports standard ARC (audio return channel) audio from TV ARC outputs, which means it can only take compressed Dolby Digital Plus Dolby Atmos feeds from your TV. However, Samsung tells me that it’s working on an eARC update for the soundbar that will enable transport of uncompressed “TrueHD” Dolby Atmos soundtracks from compatible TVs. But there’s no date yet on when this update might be rolled out.’

10 REPLIES 10
SuissoNaBisso
Pioneer
Options

even on the Q90R from 2019, there is no eARC yet while many reviews site mentioned it already since last update. Seems like Samsung had been communicating this to many press magazines to make people buy this 2019 version...such a shame !

0 Likes
smuller76
Explorer
Options

Still no updates 😞

0 Likes
Lars12
Student
Options

Don't hold your breath regarding EArc

Just bought a Sony A9G Master Series and the sound bar will not work- I bought a LG C8 last year and had same issue and returned the TV but got stuck with this sound bar.

i won't buy Samsung again as they are not true to their word or honor.

5000.00 tv and a 2000.00 sound bar and I get TV sound only

Samsung you should be ashamed of taking people's money and not delivering what you say!!!!

mike1986krk
Navigator
Options

Look folks, if you want to achieve something, you need to be loud. We need tech sites to write about this problem. For now, please spam all these Twitter accounts with following hashtags: #earcWithersGate #earcSamsungGate

@StephenWithers

@Anonymous User

@SamsungUS

@SamsungUK

@SamsungSupport

@SamsungTV

Like:

@StephenWithers @Anonymous User @SamsungUS @SamsungUK @SamsungSupport @SamsungTV Where is the promised eARC support for 2019 TV's & Soundbar's top models? We feel cheated! #earcWithersGate #earcSamsungGate

PrMinisterGR
Pioneer
Options

I would like to add that the Q90r update seems to explicitly mention other sound bars in it.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Audio-Video/After-the-HW-Q90r-eARC-update-I-did-a-little-digging...

0 Likes
KSolace
Student
Options

Did we get one yet?

0 Likes
PrMinisterGR
Pioneer
Options

Nothing yet, and nothing official here. Some Samsung reps have told people there won't be one, some have told that there will be one, some are also waiting like us.

And, of course, still no answer about what all these other soundbars are doing in the eARC update for the Q90r.

0 Likes
Kanto123
Student
Options

Hello.

0 Likes
Kanto123
Student
Options

I spoke to samsung today. They said that there has never been their intention to produce any update regarding N960 on ARC to eARC. Could you tell me where samsung has promised the update?

0 Likes