Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-N850 soundbar choppy sound

(Topic created on: 18-03-2022 01:32 PM)
Mitnaul
First Poster
Options

My soundbar will intermittently provide choppy sound when used — forcing me to disconnect and use the tv sound when it begins acting up.  This occurs both when the soundbar is connected via WiFi or optical. I unplug my soundbar to reset it when this occurs, but it doesn’t fix the problem; I just have to wait for some time to pass and then the sound will be clear again eventually.  This is quite annoying — especially at the price point of this soundbar. Is there any help that can be provided?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Mitnaul: Please can you confirm the model number of the TV you're connected to? When the issue occurs, are you viewing content via the TV itself, or an external device such as a set to box or console? Have you noticed if the issue occurs while viewing certain content, or is it persistent across all channels and sources? As a troubleshooting step, can you try connecting the soundbar via both HDMI and Bluetooth to see if you notice an improvement? 

0 Likes
Mitnaul
First Poster
Options

TV: Samsung Q8 series 55 inch

When issue occurs:  this occurs regardless of if the content is from the TV itself of any of the 4 inputs connected via HDMI (cable box, blu ray, Apple TV, firestick)

Troubleshooting: as all of my HDMI inputs are being used, I cant try to troubleshoot in that way. I was exclusively connected via WiFi and thought the WiFi was the issue until I purchased an optical cable and noticed the issue persisted. 

0 Likes
Mitnaul
First Poster
Options

Thanks for these articles. I can confirm the latest firmware is installed and the setup/connection is correct. The issue persists. 

0 Likes
N850 soundbar
First Poster
Options

My soundbar gets choppy during playback on an XFINITY high def cable box.  Any fixes?

0 Likes