Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-MS550 Soundbar stuck in D.IN

(Topic created on: 14-06-2020 11:30 AM)
pumplechump
Apprentice
Options

HW-MS550 is connected to QE75Q6FNAT and was working ok, connected by HDMI arc. Yesterday all power to house was turned off, on reinstating power I found that TV worked fine using its own speaker but the soundar was in D.IN source and will not move to any other source. Tried power on off etc , removed all cables to soundbar and held down various buttons on remote, held in + and - on side of soundbar , new HDMI cable...... nothing seems able to move soundbar to different source, just stuck on D.IN. Any help greatly appreciated!

28 REPLIES 28
Wharncliffeowl
Pioneer
Options
Contacted Samsung support. They gave me the contact details of a local authorised repair engineer. Soundbar collected last Wednesday for attempted repair. Now waiting to hear outcome.

Update July 07.
Repaired and working ok. One of the circuit boards needed to be replaced. No cost to me as still under warranty.
0 Likes
ZK1
Explorer
Options

Thanks - I've tried everything but I haven't tried unplugging just the TV so will give that a go.

0 Likes
ZK1
Explorer
Options
Hi - is there a certain amount of time one should leave the screen unplugged for?
ZK1
Explorer
Options
SAMSUNG?!!!!! Are you there??!!!!!
ZK1
Explorer
Options
Just an update - The TV unplug/plug back in method didn’t work for me. Samsung’s local engineer recommendation want £90 minimum for diagnostics. There’s a fault with the soundbar in warranty, why am I paying £90!!!!! SAMSUNG!!!???? HELLO????
Seminole chris
First Poster
Options

My soundbar got stuck in D.IN and what fixed it for me was a setting on my LG television. I had to turn on HDMI SIMPLINK (HDMI - CEC) and that fixed the issue for me. He is what LG says this does: 

SIMPLINK is a function that allows you to use the TV remote control to control the basic functions of connected HDMI devices. For example, with the LG TV remote control you can control a connected Blu-Ray player: play, pause, fast reverse, etc. Simplink uses the HDMI-CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) standard, with which the device to be controlled must be compatible. In this case, you can use the device even if of a different manufacturer. The HDMI cable must also be of the HDMI-CEC type. Verification in the specifications.

0 Likes
Alyssa315
First Poster
Options

Hey out there!

I went searching google for the answers to the DJN problem and ended up here. Just thought I'd share what helped me! I did unplug my TV and plug it back in but the code started showing up when i plugged my blueray player in which also plugs in via HDMI. Literally as soon as I unplugged the DVD player it worked again. So yeah for me that was the problem even though now apparently I cant use the sound bar when im watching a DVD but yeah! Hope this helps atleast one person! Cheers 🍻

0 Likes
BillyBjork
First Poster
Options

My solution was to plug in the HDMI into the soundbar’s HDMI Out (TV-Arc) plug-in instead of the HDMI In.

I had the same issue until I tried this.

0 Likes
Members_mQ2ZFnl
First Poster
Options

Hello, I also have a Samsung HW-J7500 soundbar and I have the same problem. Can you help me with the phone or email of the engineer who solved your problem, or which circuit was faulty. Thank you very much!

0 Likes