Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-M450 Soundbar won’t sync with Subwoofer

(Topic created on: 22-10-2022 09:11 PM)
PGS50
First Poster
Options

Hi,

i recently purchased an HW-M450 sound bar complete with the PS-WM30 subwoofer, but I cannot get them to sync. The blue led on the subwoofer is permanently flashing. I’ve tried the manual sync method repeatedly, even with the bar sat on top of the sub. When I press the ‘Volume’ button for 5 seconds with the sound bar turned off, I don’t see any ‘sync’ message. The sound bar doesn’t appear to do anything in response. I’ve even tried doing a reset on the soundbar. 

When I restart the soundbar it always displays ‘check subwoofer’, whether the sub is turned on or off.

Can anybody help?

Thank you

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
CarlH
Options

Hi @PGS50 . Have you pressed the ID Set button for 5 seconds?

ID SET.PNG

PGS50
First Poster
Options

Hi CarlH,

Yes, I’ve followed the procedure word for word many times. There is no response from the bar when pressing ‘volume’ for 5 seconds.

0 Likes
CarlH
Options
0 Likes
Soundbar hw-m450
First Poster
Options

Hi how your soundbar? , because my soundbar same problem like your soundbar.. Still don't know what to do. 

0 Likes
Raul Avila
First Poster
Options

@CarlH wrote:

Hi @PGS50 . Have you pressed the ID Set button for 5 seconds?

ID SET.PNG

I've the same problem and it doesn't look like you have a response is there any other option with this devices, this doesn't looks good for Samsung 

0 Likes
Tony93555
First Poster
Options

Support sucks.  I have both a M450 and a M430.  NEITHER soundbar will enter ID SET mode.  Support wants to tell me that there's a problem with both, that work perfectly fine, just won't enter ID SET mode per the instructions.  

Obviously this is a design issue.  Why they didn't just use a button on the soundbar like they did on the subwoofer, or make it a standard settings option, is beyond me.  Very poor planning.

Off to buy a new Sony soundbar.

0 Likes
Bigdog1498
First Poster
Options

Press the mute button well off then it will display id set 

0 Likes
Jtrell
First Poster
Options

Any other avenues here? I have a HW-M450 soundbar, PS-WM30 subwoofer, and SWA-8500S rear speakers. All were working great but when I moved it to a different room, now they won’t connect because I can’t get the soundbar to display ID SET with the remote. I have turned the soundbar OFF, held down “mute”, I have held down “up”, I have tried EVERYTHING but I can’t get it to display ID SET. Both the subwoofer and rear speakers are blinking blue begging to be connected. How else can I get my soundbar to display ID SET?

0 Likes