Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HW-M450 Soundbar suddenly no sound

(Topic created on: 22-02-2020 05:14 PM)
Infensus
Student
Options

Hello,

Curious if anyone has run into a similar situation.  I have a Samsung Soundbar HW-450 that recently stopped working.  Sound comes from TV Speaker, but nothing from the Soundbar.  The Soundbar itself powers on properly.  My configuration is to the ARC port on the TV via HDMI.  Steps I have tried to fix are:

- Turned Anynet off/on on the Soundbar, and ensure Anynet is enabled on TV.

- Ensured that the Soundbar is on DVI setting

- Went to TV audio settings and changed to receiver setting (failed Anynet check).  TV reverts back to TV Speaker and greys out the receiver option until I powercycle the TV.

- Went to anynet menu setting and performed a device search, TV shows receiver for a second but does not configure it

- Hard reset (hold +/-) on soundbar to no avail

- Moved soundbar to another TV and no sound there - volume control does control the soundbar.  Once I turn off soundbar then TV speaker works

- Tried using Bluetooth configuration but TV does not detect the soundbar

- Switched to a different HDMI cable to no avail

- Left unlplugged for a night and still nothing

Anything I may be missing in troubleshooting why this suddenly stopped working after 2 years?

Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11
Solution
Infensus
Student
Options

So - finally got this working by leaving both my TV and Soundbar unplugged for a few minutes.  Then, upon restart of both, the soundbar automatically switched back to ARC.  This of course leads me to believe the issue was on the TV side - although I did try 2 different TV's (both Samsung).

Interestingly - Samsung support told me the soundbar was dead and required $80 to fix.

Anyhow - hopefully this post helps someone else.

DerekM
First Poster
Options

I had same issue with new Soundbar HW-Q70R

I tried everything when suddenly the sound bar simply stopped working and there was no obvious reset process. Before I boxed the bar up and marched angrily to the store I double checked in these pages and YES - unplugging the power socket from both TV AND SOUNDBAR for a few minutes reset everything perfectly.

Thanks for your post 👍

0 Likes
yschimke
Apprentice
Options
Ricoldw
First Poster
Options

Take out both powercords worked for me as well!

THANKS !!!!!

0 Likes
Wunderkind906
Apprentice
Options
Yep, brilliant. This also helped me to resolve this issue. Thank you.
0 Likes
Dudomir
First Poster
Options

Unplugging both for a couple of minutes also seemed to work with my set up (55" G90t TV and hw-q800t soundbar).

Thanks. 

0 Likes
Nickd2
First Poster
Options

unplugging both worked for me as well, thank you!

0 Likes
Frankie1313
First Poster
Options

This worked for me as well. Unplugged both TV and Soundbar for about 30 seconds. Plugged them back in and on and no more issues. D.IN output Model #HW - MM45C 

0 Likes
GGarcia4
First Poster
Options

Had the same problem. Sound at went out all of a sudden. I stumbled upon this post and it worked!

0 Likes