Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW M450 Soundbar MAX VOLUME ONLY

(Topic created on: 19-03-2019 02:48 PM)
bolinj
First Poster
Options

My HW M450 Soundbar is now stuck on max volume! Tried a reboot, and re-install of software, but nothing canged. I can't find  single similar post on line anywhere. Anyone have a clue?

18 REPLIES 18
Shahatey
First Poster
Options

Have you fixed the problem? I'm having the same issue. I can't do anything with the remote. Whatever I press it doesn't work, but when I press and hold "ad speaker" button, the remote works. I can lower the volume down, but as soon as I release the button, the volume goes back to max.

Anyone had this problem? 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@bolinj: Can you try pressing the Bluetooth POWER button on the soundbar remote until you see 'V.Lock' appear on the display. This restricts the volume to 20 when the TV volume is at 20 or higher. I also recommend checking the sound options on the connected TV to adjust the sound field and various settings to see if this helps.
0 Likes
Shahatey
First Poster
Options

(Hw-k651) Nope... It doesn't work for me. While holding adspk button, when i press and hold Bluetooth power button, it only changes to ON-Bluetooth and if I scan available devices with my phone the soundbar is not there. If I press on-Bluetooth again, it switches on again. So, I guess it goes off on its own. I don't get V-lock on the screen at all. TV is not a problem, cause if I disconnect soundbar from it, it does the same thing: volume goes to max. Is there a way to downgrade to previous software version? Where can I find a file? Any other solutions? Tnx

0 Likes
Shahatey
First Poster
Options
When I press and hold Bluetooth power button without adspk button, I get WIFI setup on display
0 Likes
OldDog
Journeyman
Options

I have the same problem on a HW M550 .. Stuck at max volume… By re-initializing the I got it to behave for about five hours and then went back to max volume. I've done everything I can except for waving a dead chicken over it… A.k.a. voodoo… Has anybody come up with a fix?

Gorltar
First Poster
Options

Had the same problem. Latest firmware. Lost patience after doing almost everything I read on the Web, so I just left it sitting there. When I came home from a month long holiday, the thing worked 😊😅😅. Maybe try to leave it without power for a week or so. 

0 Likes
OldDog
Journeyman
Options

Following the thread I found in another discussion I disconnected the buttons on the side of the sound bar. I pulled the ribbon cable from the circuit board and everything working just fine. Software? I don't know. Hardware? Maybe. Disconnecting the ribbon cable was not an elegant solution but it did work. What is really strange is I was not using the buttons when the problems started in rarely use the buttons at all. Probably less than a dozen times in a couple of years… Oh well

Jakauffman
Student
Options
For me the buttons on the side (that I didn’t even know existed) was the issue! I moved the sound bar and the buttons were hitting against our router without knowing. I didn't even know that we had buttons on the side until I realized that it was pushed up against the router which was making the volume go to Max. Hope this solves it.
CaptainMoustach
First Poster
Options
This was the only thing that fixed the max volume for me too. It was a super easy fix, 5 or six screws to remove the cover and unplug the cable. I never use the side buttons anyway so it's not a big loss but I wonder if taking it apart further and just disconnecting the volume + button would allow the use of the other buttons.