Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K950 soundbar wont hard reset

(Topic created on: 27-06-2019 10:07 PM)
J_M_S
First Poster
Options

So we are having connection issues with our wireless sub and rear speakers. I spent time on the phone with samsung today, and the guy wanted me to do a hard reset on the soundbar by pressing and holding the "Play/Pause" button for 10-15 seconds. Nothing happened.

Anyone know another way to hard reset this thing? It may be helpful to know that when i was attempting to manually pair the speakers, the soundbar would never display the "ID Set" message it was supposed to. 

19 REPLIES 19
Dave0915
First Poster
Options

Your not alone, my K950 set up fine straight out of the box, after moving house and trying to set up it was a nightmare. Since buying a new home and moving no speakers, just blinking blue lights. I have tried all the steps over and over.

0 Likes
Dave0915
First Poster
Options

Just pressed on up and down volume button on the unit. ID came up on screen and all speakers up and running......great. That said, this has been a pain in the butt since I bought it.

0 Likes
Dinocommm
First Poster
Options

Lucky haha. Mines not been connected for months now. Doesn’t my head in... Every now and again I try to connect the usual way but never get the idset to come on the bar 😡

0 Likes
Stoneacre
First Poster
Options

Worked for me, Thanks

0 Likes
GlazingOrgan
Apprentice
Options

Check my original reply on the first page, follow those steps......when/if that fails don't start the process over....simply unplug whichever speakers/sub are still blinking blue for 30/60 seconds(leave main unit on and plugged in) after 30/60 seconds has passed plug those speakers back in. 

Seems silly but this has worked for me also quite a few times and saves time from resetting the main unit and waiting the IDset to blink. Good Luck!

Cowboy64
First Poster
Options

Fantastic it WORKS. So great thanks 🙏🏻 

0 Likes
troyozz
First Poster
Options

any one having the shop 6 error yes it is a pain as even sumsung( surprise surprise ) cant guide you to get out of it

Once you know its as easy as i spent a week thinking my sound bar was broken

turn sound bar off and hold down the volume down button on the bar for about 30 seconds

a message will come up to turn off shop mode and you are back to normal

0 Likes
Wato04
First Poster
Options

My soundbar has recently stopped connecting to my wifi, and sub / rear speakers... and it then shuts down. Ive power cycled it all and it consistently does it. It started a few days ago. Coincidently my R5 WAM5500 (I have 2 of these speakers around the house) also stopped connecting to the Wifi. I suspect a certificate in the firmware has expired and now nothing connects anymore with this 6 year old hardware 😞   I will be purchasing replacement products and they WONT be Samsung anything anymore. pathetic built in obsolescence  

0 Likes
ThesisUzi
First Poster
Options

Mate, you're a lifesaver and in this case you have saved my soundbar and the money I would have spent to buy a new one 🙏

Wato04
First Poster
Options

I found the solution is to ban the soundbar from connecting to the wifi, and that allows the soundbar to work with the TV without shutting down, but the multilink / wifi / spotify connectivity no longer works due to the suspected certificate expiry, at least I can use the soundbar at the moment. When Im ready to refresh it wont be a samsung soundbar based on my experience with the washing machine, fridge (ice maker massive issues) and now the soundbar and WAM5500 speakers. Seriously they can burn their customers one at a time and one day they will realize they need to look after them if they want them to continue with the brand. The thing is, issues like this last in the minds of the consumers for 10 plus years from now, and they also discuss at BBQ's with the family so the brand damage spreads across many people.

0 Likes